Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Possible to get negative feedback on eBay removed?
  • finbar
    Free Member

This weekend I sold a fairly high-value item on eBay (a titanium Brompton).

I said UK postage only.

Now, the chap who bought it is registered on eBay Korea and gave me as a postal address a dodgy-sounding forward courier company with no presence on Google (“UKSP”, Unit 24, Middlesex).

I cancelled the auction as frankly it all sounds a bit dodgy.

Will I be able to appeal the inevitable negative feedback?

Gary_M
    Free Member

You can try but don’t hold out much hope.

My son’s only sold a small number of items on ebay, around 10, and he put a pair of shoes up for sale. Then decided he wanted to keep them so ended the auction, he accidentally hit ‘sell to highest bidder’, emailed the guy explaining his mistake who was then a complete prick about it, left negative feedback, son raised a dispute about feedback, ebay upheld is end.

He was at 100% feedback so this idiot really screwed that up.

jimc101
    Free Member

Try this

finbar
    Free Member

Thanks for the link jimc101. I’ve heard it’s more or less impossible to get neg feedback removed (no matter how unreasonable it is), so I’m not holding much hope.

emailed the guy explaining his mistake who was then a complete prick about it, left negative feedback, son raised a dispute about feedback, ebay upheld is end.

Sounds about right for eBay 🙄

Jakester
    Free Member

Yes, you should be able to as you marked the auction UK only.

I had this recently with a camera lens to HK and eBay voided the transaction. Had to chase them repeatedly but they did it in the end.

But if you cancelled the auction, how can he leave feedback?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Arent you able to leave a reply against the feedback anymore?

finbar
    Free Member

Yes, you should be able to as you marked the auction UK only.

I had this recently with a camera lens to HK and eBay voided the transaction. Had to chase them repeatedly but they did it in the end.But if you cancelled the auction, how can he leave feedback?

That’s good to hear, ta. He can still leave feedback apparently:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html#things

“If you cancel a transaction, the buyer can still leave you negative or neutral Feedback about the transaction.”

Arent you able to leave a reply against the feedback anymore?

I think so, yes, but I’d like to retain my 100% score if possible.

barkm
    Free Member

Yes I’ve had negative feedback removed for almost exactly the same reason. Sold high value item, got extremely suspicious about the buyer for a variety of reasons, decided not to sell and cancelled the transaction.
    Got negative feedback, but it was removed eventually after I reported the buyer, buyer was also banned, which kind of confirmed my suspicions.

Biggest giveaway was a very short buying history all of items cost a few pence, a well known way of building a legitimate looking feedback score. I also google street viewed the address, which turned out to be a virtually derelict property.

fivespot
    Free Member

Just talking about this scenario last night in work. A friend in work had neg feedback removed when he went through the Irish call center, no joy with other ebay overseas call centers though 😐

loddrik
    Free Member

How much did you sell the brompton for?

finbar
    Free Member

Thanks, interesting – maybe I’ll end up giving the Irish call centre a, er, call.

Biggest giveaway was a very short buying history all of items cost a few pence, a well known way of building a legitimate looking feedback score. I also google street viewed the address, which turned out to be a virtually derelict property.

Now that does sound sketchy. The chap who bought my item actually has decent feedback (+300), but still, it sounds dodgy to me.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

I’ve never had negative feedback but I’ve never seen it as a real negative if someone with majority positive has the odd slight against them. Chances are that the person who left the feedback is the asshat, not the seller.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

How can anyone leave feedback, negative or otherwise, if you’ve cancelled the auction before the end?
    And why fret so much about it? You can respond to it if you’re that bothered,and leave your side of the story. If you have ONE negative, people are going to check why. If you have a dozen it’s a different matter.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Possible to get negative feedback on eBay removed?’ is closed to new replies.