• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Portable bike washers in car …
  • cinnamon_girl

If I put water in mine before transporting, will it leak? Would I be better off storing water in separate container?

As always, thanks. 🙂

Karinofnine

Fill it up and keep it in the kitchen or patio overnight, then you will see if it leaks. Cars move though, so make sure the lid fits properly. If the hose is permanently fitted make sure it is above the level of the top of the water, otherwise water may siphon out or escape by capillary action.

(Hope you’re ok xxx)

Albanach
    Free Member

Dirtworker user here and I’ve never had any issues with leakage from the container whilst driving to a ride. There is small hole on the lid which can leak if overfilled. Never had to take extra water either. Brilliant bits of kit.

Hareydan
    Free Member

A few of my mates have these and always fill them up beforehand, I don’t think any of them have ever had problems with leaks. They’re fairly bulky so having the water separately would take up a lot of valuable bike space! Depending on how many bikes you need to clean you don’t need to put that much water in, we can do 3 bikes on a full one, 4 if you’re quick and not too fussed about the quality of the clean! Saves carting round a few extra kilos of water unnecessarily.

andrewy

Just pop it in a bin bag? Is “wash the bike more” to be a new year’s resolution C-G 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mobi is fine if you keep it upright, there is a little breather hole in the lid.

markwalker
    Free Member

cinnamon girl i think you need a man lol.

hels
    Free Member

Are you saying that all men are good for is bike cleaning – bit sexist !!

djflexure

My Mobi leaks so have to stand it in a tray for transport in the car.

creamegg
    Free Member

my Mobi dosent leak, so I dont have to stand it in a tray. It lives in the boot and will have some amount of water in it most of the time, no leaks so far.

MarkN
    Free Member

Dirt worker goes in the boot with water and has not leaked yet. Be sure it stays upright though when swing round corners as it does have some small breather holes in the lid.

cinnamon_girl

cinnamon girl i think you need a man lol.

Couldn’t agree more – he can fix my punctures too, read the map, tell me what gear I should be in. 🙄

Thanks for sensible replies. 🙂 Of course what I failed to mention was my rubbish driving and frequent emergency stops! Interesting that one person has experienced leaking so reckon it would be safer to put water into another container.

Kuco

My Mobi sits in the boot and doesn’t leak.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Portable bike washers in car …’ is closed to new replies.