Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 152 total)
  • Polling day, then
  • Klunk
    Free Member

put my x, don’t think it will make a blind bit of difference, doesn’t matter who you vote for the government always gets in

binners

actually changed my mind at the point of putting in the crosses….

Green to UKIP? 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Though he appears to have won last time as a Lib Dem, beating the Conservative candidate, so that may not do him much good! As you say the issue is the Indies splitting the vote – I’ve spoken to Mick, so just checked my e-mails to confirm it was who I thought when I saw his name on the ballot.

Stoner
    Free Member

Nigel is a lovely guy, and he was going to withdraw once Mick had announced he was standing, but somehow he was convinced by someone to continue to stand as they didnt know Mick, and as such would have voted for mr bad instead rather than Mick if Nigel wasnt standing. Fortunately Nigel’s fanbase is so small that I dont think he’ll take too much from Mick. But you can imagine there will be a lot of grumbling if Mr Bad gets in on the back of an Indy split.

oldbloke
    Free Member

Church hall round the corner. Visiting on the way to the butcher to get a pie for dinner. So what pie for democratic participation?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Pork pies for politics innit

kayla1
    Free Member

Freshly shot partridge, what, with green beans and red cabbage in an English ale for English voters gravy 😀

cupra
    Free Member

Postal vote late last week but I’ll wander up this evening to the village hall when my wife casts her vote. Interested to note that one of the candidates for my constituency lives around 350 miles away.

allthegear
    Free Member

British Red Cross building for me then spent some time hanging out at the (only) polling station in my constituency.

Will go back at lunchtime and this evening – just make a presence, as permitted by the laws and that.

Rachel

marcus7
    Free Member

I did have the option of cannabis is safer than alcohol…. but the guy couldn’t get out and canvass due to excessive snacking… There was a ukip and green candidate but much as I tried I couldn’t find out about them… It left the “big” three… So I made my bed as it were….

slowjo
    Free Member

Third voter in to our polling station.

First time I have cast my vote on a gas hob!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bfv5y8c5jvz5qw/CameraZOOM-20150507094703510.jpg?dl=0

Can’t get the image link to work

Kryton57

Two late twenty-something single mothers* outside my polling station arguing:

” I ain’t voting for that ****, what a posh tosser in his smart suits and all that, even though I think milliband is an ugly ****”

Nice to know the local populous is voting based on an intellectual judgement of our potential political outcome…

allthegear
    Free Member

marcus7 – that’s bad if they are not making the effort. I’ve been round and knocked on every door (apart from a few I couldn’t access) in my ward. Over 100k steps and I have a severely croaky voice now!

Rachel

cupra
    Free Member

” I ain’t voting for that ****, what a posh tosser in his smart suits and all that, even though I think milliband is an ugly ****”

That may end up being as good a basis as intellectual judgement 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Sorry for the hijack folks, but in a way I find the local election more interesting as I actually know a lot of the people involved, and there might be a big power shift this election (of those on our ballot paper, 3 of them I know very well – Stoner might live next door to one of his, but given I don’t live in a country mansion like him I’m probably geographically closer to one of mine who lives 2 doors away)

aracer
    Free Member

😆 – really, where is that? Not sure about the disabled access!

lemonysam
    Free Member

So what pie for democratic participation?

Labour: Pork and pickle – the staple of the working classes but these days possessed of an unshakable whiff of gentrification
    Lib Dem: Mince and onions – no one’s favourite as it’s a bit bland and lacking in substance
    Tories: Stew with a hat – they only care about the upper crust
    UKIP: Fray Bentos steak and ale – Proud to be both iconically british and deeply ignorant
    SNP: Scotch pie – anything else would be tantamount to treason
    Greens: Quiche

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Greens: Quiche

The bastards, last time I vote for them, quiche indeed.

brassneck

Quaint village hall for me.

If I’d seen that Katie Hopkins thing I’d have voted Labour though, it’d be worth it to be shot of that colostomy bag of bile.

Local Election
    Conservative, UKIP or Lib Dem. That was tricky then.

DrJ

Two late twenty-something single mothers* outside my polling station arguing:

Nice to know the local populous is voting based on an intellectual judgement of our potential political outcome…

More or less what STW’ers said on the Miliband thread !

mefty
    Free Member

one of the candidates for my constituency lives around 350 miles away

Churchill was MP for Dundee for 14 years and apparently only went there three times!

just5minutes
    Free Member

Labour: Pork and pickle – the staple of the working classes but these days possessed of an unshakable whiff of gentrification

Shouldn’t that be:

Labour: Urban farmed spelt-fed Pork with juniper and pomegranate pickle ?

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Did my democratic duty this morning BUT frustratingly my vote is worth very little – Hertfordshire North East is an ultra safe Conservative seat & my vote is only worth 0.064 of a vote!!

Checkout – http://www.voterpower.org.uk/

In 2010 the Conservatives got 54% of the vote; Lib/Dems 23%; & Lab 16% – so tactical voting doesn’t really work either…… But I tried anyway!

Good luck to the rest of you as your vote is worth 4.8% more than mine – on average. UNLESS – your in one of the 7% very marginals OR 12% of the marginals….

Scamper
    Free Member

Voted first thing, after thinking I’d better firstly do some research into the candidates, past results and likely outcomes. Was surprised to see the last Lib Dem Candidate was jailed for clubbing his pet cat to death 😯

my vote is only worth 0.064 of a vote!!

Ooh get you with your high numbers. Mines worth 0.040!

Klunk
    Free Member

0.640 here 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I just don’t know how people coped with the utter excitement of such a day before the internet gave them an outlet.

slowjo
    Free Member

@aracer – Little Saxham just outside Bury St Edmunds.

There is disabled access. It involves the two ladies inside the booth dismantling the table and creating a new polling booth as and when a disabled person arrives. We did ask about it, out of interest more than anything else and they confirmed they had ‘been trained’ so I guess they know what they are doing!

iirc there are almost 80 potential voters – hence the commodious accommodation! 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

cupra
    Free Member

0.420 here.

jambalaya
    Free Member

0.461 😀

slowjo
    Free Member

0.305!

Torminalis
    Free Member

This is apparently 2.54* the power of the average UK vote. Something is decidedly mucked up about that.

Harry_the_Spider

Was surprised to see the last Lib Dem Candidate was jailed for clubbing his pet cat to death

If he was UKIP he would have ****ed it first.

Allegedly.

baronsamedi
    Free Member

Vote for the dead

I have made my mark

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Here are the highlights of my current MPs voting during his five years:

Bedroom Tax
    Cutting Welfare Benefits
    Selling Forests
    Taxing booze
    War

Dislikes:

Taxing the rich
    Mansion Tax
    Bankers Bonus Tax

It’s so difficult…..

molgrips
    Free Member

Ooh I have 1.025 votes!

Close Con/Lab last time so I’m glad I’m going home. Although given the swing away from Con it should be regained by Lab I think.

digga
    Free Member

scruff – Member
    I voted for the ones who wont cut down too many trees

Which ones? The ones who like to hug trees or the ones who like to pay people to do sit watching daytime TV?

Voted in village hall at 7am. Polling station was open and taking voters early – very organised.

For local, voted Cons, although I don’t care for Tories or the coalition, the local guy does a reasonable job IMHO.
    For national, voted UKIP. (Awaits brickbats).

WackoAK
    Free Member

0.058 for me which is completely wrong, it’s held by Labour but will fall to SNP.

slowoldman

Lib Dem: Mince and onions – no one’s favourite as it’s a bit bland and lacking in substance

Mmm, lovely with suet crust pastry. I’ve been eating it for years.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘Polling day, then’ is closed to new replies.