Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Police will be able to extract data from your mobile phone
  • what_tyres
    Free Member

It’s not as if the Met (and other forces by implication) don’t have any previous when it comes to the ethical use of phone information and the sharing of it with politicians and the media.

Just ask Mr Levison…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Molgrips yes you can search a person and can seach a house without a warrant (their are occasions when you’d need a warrant for a house).

coffeeking
    Free Member

you aren’t just backing up a 16G phone though, they are looking at more than that.

What? That’s all the space that’s within the phone’s memory that’s available for modification by user use, outside that you’re looking at firmware etc. Barring a few extra details such as those within the sim there’s nothing more to take. What other info do you think you can get from the phone?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Recovering deleted items…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Recovering deleted items…

That’s all still stored in the 16 gig internal memory, regardless of whether it’s deleted or not. The process of extracting the deleted info can be done at a later date after scraping the contents byte by byte. Which would take about 10 minutes.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Doesn’t bother me at all. I’d quite happily put my DNA, fingerprints etc on file too. The only people worried about this are criminals and mad conspiracy theorists.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

But you know how well the govt looks after your personal data…

If you were to be compromised how would you get replacement DNA and dabs?…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Doesn’t bother me at all. I’d quite happily put my DNA, fingerprints etc on file too. The only people worried about this are criminals and mad conspiracy theorists.

Again, that’s just naivity IMO. I’m no conspiracy theorist, Ive just seen spectacular cockups in person.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you are not very imaginative if they are the only reasons you can think of…why does no state routinely do this then is it because everyone is a criminal or a mad conspiracist?

Its a simplistic argument you put forward which ignores the checks and balances that need to exist between the power of the state and the privacy of an individual within a state.
    No one has the right to all my personal data except me.

scuzz
    Free Member

This data is leaked and abused.
    “There is one, simple fact: from health records to criminal records, employment details and other personal data, government databases are not only open to abuse, but are actively being exploited by the very people we supposedly trust with our data.” Link (Final source from a FOI request for Channel 4)

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Police will be able to extract data from your mobile phone’ is closed to new replies.