Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Pokemon go
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Just been out for a walk to capture some Pokemon’s.

Who else is playing?

daviek

Been going around with 2 of the kids, eldest has a phone and number 3 is using mine. They are having great fun and secretly so am I!

Cougar

Isn’t it basically Ingress Lite?

chojin
    Free Member

Is it out in the UK yet!?

cornholio98
    Free Member
    jambalaya
    Free Member

^^ read that earlier, would spoil your day

Xylene
    Free Member

Not out in UK yet, but you can get it, we have a gym outside mum and dads house.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It explains a lot…. Just remember your phone screen doesn’t show the cars in the road…

jekkyl

searching for it on the android store and it isn’t there! ?

tinribz
    Free Member

Just caught what looks like Bowser in my dining room.

APK here: https://apkpure.com/pok%C3%A9mon-go/com.nianticlabs.pokemongo

Torminalis
    Free Member

I am definitely not playing it, and the fact that there is a Pokemon Gym at the viewpoint up the road has no influence on my decision to watch the sunset this evening.

😆

IA

Isn’t it basically Ingress Lite?

Made by the same people, after they spun out of Alphabet.

B_Leach
    Free Member

A quick word of warning to the android players. If you’re loading an apk to play in the UK, there’s every chancey you’ll lose your progress when the official EU release drops.

I’ve seen it happen with other games

paul21
    Free Member

me me, I’m playing. Its a lot of fun!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

i heard knocking on my door about 3pm earlier while i’m having a snooze in the sofa after a hard days work.. ” sorry to disturb you mister, can we catch them Pidgeys in your backyard?” ..i looked at them blank face and utter in my head WTF and slam the door close..

who’s got them Pidgey now 😆

…i just made up the story, i caught that Pidgey in my workplace carpark , forgot to turn on AR to show the cars 8)

muggomagic

You can get it on iOS if you switch your region to Australia (or one of the other regions that already has it) then creat a free iTunes account with a valid address which is easily found on google maps. Then switch back once it’s downloaded.. I did it and no issues. My son loves it, even comes out walking the dog with me now to find new characters and pokestops.

JonBoy
    Free Member

I’ve caught a Bulbasaur. Now what do I do with it?

yunki
    Free Member

I am not interested in games but my kids are and I love this format..
    My stepson’s best pal is over from NZ on secondment for a couple of years and is using the game to log his European travels

jekkyl

how much will the app be when it’s released in the UK? I can’t find any info. Under a tenner?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Wahey!it’s great and I’ve got 5 already!

Do other players appear on your map?

Solo
    Free Member

Phew!

Initially read the title as:

Pokemom“!
    😯

mattyfez

CharlieMungus – Member

Wahey!it’s great and I’ve got 5 already!

Do other players appear on your map?

Just at Gyms, once you reach level 5 you can battle your pokemons against rival gyms to take them over for your team, yellow, red or blue team.
    Or you can battle in friendly gyms for xp.
    Also in friendly gyms, you can assign pokemon to defend them, you cant use them or evolve them when they are assigned to a gym, but they’ll earn you lots of xp and pokecoins.

Apparently trading and one on one fights outside of the gyms are in the pipeline for future updates.

Check out what i got!

MrsToast
    Free Member

Mr Toast caught a couple last night!

I’m waiting for the proper UK release, can’t be bothered going through the palaver of signing into my New Zealand Apple account for my iPad (which I think would be a bit impractical given the nature of the game anyway) or risk dodgy side loading on my Android phone, especially with the risk of losing progress once the proper launch hits. Plus I can barely walk at the moment!

wwaswas

Plus I can barely walk at the moment!

You don’t have to!

Phone walking service now available…

http://www.pokewalk.com/

muggomagic

how much will the app be when it’s released in the UK? I can’t find any info. Under a tenner?

It’s free in other locations App Store so assume it will be here too. There are In app purchase options though.

mrlugz
    Free Member

Potentially NSFW but rather funny one

Diglet – if that means anything to you 🙂

martinhutch

Just had to follow my son around town to make sure he didn’t walk in front of a bus. Thanks Nintendo. 🙂

somafunk

I’d never heard about it till Joe Rogan talked about the pokemon game on his latest podcast #823, after all the fuss that was raised about ID cards i find it quite unsettling that people are happy to hand over so much data such as location/pictures of your home and surroundings to google servers, maybe it’s my natural paranoia raising it’s head but it seems like the beginning of a slide into an all seeing/watching big brother dystopian future.

But then again i’ve never owned a game machine or got into video games so perhaps my natural instinct to sneer at such an augmented reality game is unfounded.

Not for me in the slightest but i’m a paranoid android at the best of times.

darrell
    Free Member

well Google is basically run by the CIA so….

and also, so is the software company behind this game/ surveillance

B_Leach
    Free Member

You might even get the banhammer for sideloading

In other news, download your local area for offline use on Google maps to massively reduce battery and data usage on Pkgo

mattyfez

The article doesn’t actually cite people being banned for side loading, but does reference the potential for malware by downloading from an unknown source, and bans for cheats who use things like GPS spoofing that makes the game think you’re in a different physical location.

GrahamS
    deadkenny
    Free Member

Been observing 20/30-somethings playing this. Mix of feeling old and feeling sorry for them.

trail_rat
    Free Member

im conflicted on this.

on one hand it was great to see so many kids(mostly teens and early 20s of the pokemon legacy generation tbh rather than “kids”) out and about in the park (kings park perth australia.)

It took me ages to work out WTF they were all doing walking about staring at their phones.

On the other hand they are all walking aroudn the park like zombies looking at their phones and ipads walking into people and things.

GrahamS

Don’t forget to check everywhere:

Pokémon Go Update: Pikachu Spotted in Man’s Colon

Earl
    Free Member

I need a Squirtle!!!

(just so I can walk around saying ‘Squirtle, Squirtle’)

wwaswas

My daughter patiently explained to my wife that there weren’t *actual* Pokemon hiding in bushes at the local park because it’s not a LARP.

Then she had to explain what a LARP is.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I’ve come across some LARPers in the woods on bike rides. Very strange. 😯

beefheart
    Free Member

Is anyone else struggling to register on this?
    I’ve downloaded the app, but the Pokemon site won’t let me register when I enter my email- it gives the message ‘(’email’, )’.
    I’ve tried registering on a windows PC, iphone and ipad, but keep getting the same message.
    Any handy hints to get past this and get my young’un started?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Pokemon go’ is closed to new replies.