Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Planning ahead…
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well for the second time in 6 months I’m moving out with nowhere to move to, it’s quite liberating really. Stuff into storage bike race and some work trips to give me time to work something out, feelers put out in the local for a room to rent. Not too bad, well if it works out fine…

Who’s with me in the no plan is a good plan game?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I lived like that through the 90’s, in my 20’s. Was pretty much homeless for some of it, sleeping on peoples floors etc. Only had clothes, records and my MTB to my name.
    It was great fun and I ended up in some great places and made some firm friends that I still have today.
    However, now have a family and like nothing better than the security of my own place to go home to. Being 44 now is a factor here I believe.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Being 36 isn’t the issue…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Fail to plan. Plan to fail.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Enjoying it though

Rubber_Buccaneer

Maybe tomorrow you’ll want to settle down

scandal42
    Free Member

What is failing in this instance?

Not having a mortgage or everything else expected by society?

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I did it most years from when i left school to when i was in my early 30s. Sometimes working, sometimes racing. If i was doing well i got about two weeks notice to clear out of where ever i was living.
    More than once spent a period in a team lock up/garage on a camp bed. Not too unpleasant in July/France. Bloody horrible in March/Belgium.

Once had a conversation which ended up with.
    “We’re bankrupt, the rent hasn’t been paid, neither have your wages. It’ll probably take a week or so for the landlord to notice. You’ll need to sort something else out.

Can we have your bikes now.

Bye.”

Nice way to finish the season!

Wouldn’t want to do it now.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Soooo Looking forward to being mortgage free at 45… 😀

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Good for you. I couldn’t.

I’ll pester my wife to decide what we’re having for tea half-way through lunch. Lack of a plan freaks me out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Planning ahead…’ is closed to new replies.