Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • PlanetX Dirty Harry… 29er
  • Stoner
    Free Member

What would happen if you were to drill the seattube and resin some bolt sleeves in?

MSP

Try it and let us know how that works out 😉

GregMay
    Free Member

Well you’d have a frame with no warranty for one.

clubber
    Free Member

MSP – Member
    Shame it has just 1 set of bottle cage bosses, not sure I see the point of that.

It’s so that you can drop the seatpost fully. I’d argue that it’s not really necessary for what is supposedly a more jey target market and even if it is, maybe not in the bigger sizes.

Toasty

Are they all matte, or are there some glass ones like:

http://www.pro-elbows.co.uk/2012/01/london-bike-show.html

?

Toasty

Err glass = gloss obviously, glass frames sound rubbish!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I really liked the shape of it initially but seeing it next to the race 29er, its not so special (yes I know, beauty is obviously in the eye of the beholder!)

The 1 set of bosses kills the idea for me too.

MSP

I am waiting for the race 29ers to become available again to take the plunge into the world of big wheels.

Toasty

The fact that 29er Race frames have only ever been available in 18″ sort of scuppered them from me from the word go. Supposedly new sizes are due, or were about a year ago or something.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Supposedly new sizes are due

Pretty sure the next batch coming are 18″ only also.

rOcKeTdOg

18″ frame 29er riders should be riding 26″ surely?

Stoner
    Free Member

quite.

Im 6’4″ and have a 21″ and a 19.5″.

Id love to see some swapout 19.5″ carbon offerings….

Toasty

Pretty sure the next batch coming are 18″ only also.

Indeed, which seems a bit rubbish really. The Race frame was supposedly made in a top end factory, no expense spared, very light, yours for £499.

…or you could buy one of these new Dirty Harry frames that look very much like an ebay imported frame, with some stickers, for exactly the same price.

Hmm

jaysonski
    Free Member

spoke to Matt reg. the frame, he said was a stiff, no nonsense race frame, unlike the lurchers all day comfort.
    I weighed it in shop with a 20 speed xtr build & 120 forks, 23lb, looks ok in flesh but not as pretty (in my op.)
    I snagged one of lurcher paint prototype’s & is having one built up as we speak, cannot wait!
    Oh, the Dirty Harry decals are sh**!

Shandy
    Free Member

Looking at the geometry on this, its basically within a millimetre or two of the 2012 Niner EMD in every measurement.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘PlanetX Dirty Harry… 29er’ is closed to new replies.