Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Planet X – helloooo, anyone home?
  • mattbibbings
    Free Member

Does any one here know if there is any problems down at Planet X HQ?

I can’t get through on the phones.

Trouble at mill?

Speshpaul

nowt new with that.

fasthaggis

Hello,your call is important to us,please try again later.
    You can track your parcel on HTTP.DPDhasitbeenleftinaditch.co.uk

😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Standard practice, Email is the same. Can’t be arsed with them anymore!

mudsux
    Free Member

Emailing for enquiries is useless – never get replies.
    They’re geometry website information on their low-end Sab stuff is *useless*. Looks interesting and well-priced but I’m not going to guess the fit.
    Speak to a rep about it (if you can get through) and they don’t know the difference between an effective or actual top-tube length.

Tracey

Never managed to get through on the phone. New store in Worsbrough looks good though.

dibboid
    Free Member

You can track your parcel on HTTP.DPDhasitbeenleftinaditch.co.uk

I had a courier leave a parcel in the wheelie bin once. And the calling card said “in bin”

udder
    Free Member

I placed an order with them last week (24th May) for more than 500 quids worth of stuff. I’ve got an order confirmation email but no word yet of my goods being dispatched.

Also sent an email asking for info but no reply as of yet.

It’s interesting to hear that others are having issues too. I hope I haven’t lost a load of dosh.

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

I’ve never ever had an issue with them (over 5 years ,4 frame purchases and about 10 other accessory orders) until the most recent order for a small item.

Ordered, paid paypal.

5-6 days past, not long I know but usually prompt service from them and in hindsight, I never received anything more than the normal paypal receipt email; i.e. not their own confirmation so I chased the order.

Answer straight away along the lines of they’d pass it on to the appropriate dept to check it out and get back to me.

1 day passes I get an order confirmation from them

another 4 days pass .. they can no longer find the item did I want anything else. (I’m not surprised coz there were only 2 left when I ordered a week ago)

I reply back within 24 hrs saying no, please cancel refund

3 days pass they say they’ll pass it onto accounts to refund

another 3 days now .. still waiting for the refund.

Now 2 weeks and 3 days since initial order and payment! Should I start asking for interest on the refund 😆

EDIT: for the record I’m not worried, only a couple of tenners worth, it’s getting quite entertaining for me in a stupid way now.

wwaswas

I suspect they’re struggling to cope with demand following the start of their ‘We’re nearly giving it away!’ sale a week or so back.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I ordered ( from OnOne)a set of forks yesterday evening. Dispatched email this morning, not complaining so far or on the numerous orders i have had with them.

donal
    Free Member

For some balance, I called this morning and got through straight away. Ordered yesterday and dispatched this morning. They did mention they were super busy and apologised for not getting the order out yesterday evening.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

you need to say Brant three times and then he magically appears on the forum 😉

Northwind

TBH I’ve always found them quick to respond to sale-type enquiries. Slower to respond to returns-type enquiries. And inexplicably very reticent to return complaint-type enquiries.

They’re in sale season so bound to be busy.

hora
    Free Member

you need to say Brant three times and then he magically appears on the forum

You need to say ‘this new ti 29’er whats its like/anyone interested in one’

Or

‘That new Planet X product, quite interested in buying it’

😉

tmb467
    Free Member

ordered one of their 11-36 SLX 10 sp cassettes last Friday evening

got an order confirmation email and a paypal notice immediately

I knew it was bank holiday on the Monday so on Wednesday morning I checked their website to see if I could see the order at all…no sign of it, so I emailed to ask if they’d received the order

The cassette turned up the same day, and the confirmation of despatch came after I got the cassette.

They emailed me the next day (in response to my mail) to say it had been despatched again – so top service all round, IMO

variflex
    Free Member

not uncommon for despatch email to arrive same day or day after actual delivery. Had 4 x tubes arrive from them today, ordered 2 days ago. Never had a problem with them. Yes the phones are always busy so you have to keep trying.

The only thing I would criticise is lack of updates on Brant’s blogsite 🙂 I want more piccies of the C456Evo.

jonba
    Free Member

mattbibbings – Member
    Does any one here know if there is any problems down at Planet X HQ?

I can’t get through on the phones.

Trouble at mill?

It is sunny up in Newcastle, is it sunny down there as well. If so they are probably in the pub for lunch or out riding.

scotroutes

Not when there’s a customer service problem.

bullheart
    Free Member

Ain’t that the truth.

Self publicity – Check.

dibboid
    Free Member

To add to the balance I had a problem with a order a while back and they answered the phone a and dealt with the problem and went a step further in customer relations. I would use them again.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

There were at least 4 staff in there when I was in 2hrs ago, admittedly none seemed to know much about what they were selling but one of them made me a mean espresso whilst I waited.

They also called me back when I asked about getting a refund too a couple of days back. I’m keeping my pitch fork in the locked cupboard for a little while longer yet.

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Never had a problem (frame, bits and pieces) and they answered a ‘technical’ query within less than 24 hours.
    And there was me about to buy some forks….

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Not when there’s a customer service problem.

Those Planet X carbon frames… I hear they’re just off-the-shelf “open mould” frames from China that anyone can buy much cheaper if they go direct. Same with the wheels… Apparently, there’s no design input from Planet X at all!

(that ought to do it…) 😉

rtc3000m
    Free Member

I have purchased lots from on-one/planet x over the years including last week and have always had very good service and would recommend them to friends. Maybe they just have sickness or holidays it happens to us all at times when we left short by colleges
    Rich

brant
    Free Member

Bizarrely, I needed to get some work done today so banned singletrackworld.com on my router so I could crack on and not keep checking here.

No problems, very busy, email me if you want me to poke something specifically.

hjghg5
    Free Member

I’ve never had an issue, most orders dispatched same day, one bike was in stock so I took it away with me on the day, the other was a bit slower than predicted to build up but they kept me informed when I emailed to check.

hora
    Free Member

I hear they have the On One Stig. Some say he teaches luddites how to ride in an old queer town in Calderdale.

Some say he keep a whole Bee hive in his beard and his bike is powered by the souls of miners

mattbibbings
    Free Member

The order turned up.

The promise to return my calls did not. Twice.

hora
    Free Member

Be honest. Have you been rude on email/blunt on the phone?

udder
    Free Member

Has anyone had any luck getting through to them?

No reply to my emails and I’m having no luck on the phone either.

brant
    Free Member

A considerable email backlog resulted in decision to not have phones on today. Unfortunately the phone message wasnt modified. Apologies.
    My email in profile if I can help.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

he keep a whole Bee hive in his beard

I wondered where Oxley had gone…

mattbibbings
    Free Member

@hora.

Two polite messages left asking for an update. I see no point in abusing an organisation or company. It would rarely get anyone anywhere.

hora
    Free Member

Brant sort out those massive clearance emails. A fair few false links in the site on those and I’m struggling with the words massive clearance.

Maybe ‘a sort of sale’ would be better wording

twoniner
    Free Member

I have had 2 bikes from them now and I swear there is a note on my account telling staff to chin me off and mess me about.

My last bike, I upgraded from elixir 1’s to 5’s on my build. Drove down from North Wales to pick it up only to find the 1’s on it. Glad I noticed that before I got it home. To be fair they sorted it and fitted the 5’s within an hour.

My 1st bike from them was a scandal, that was a nightmare!

While waiting for my recent build I left numerous voice mail messages but never heard back.

There were at least 4 staff in there when I was in 2hrs ago, admittedly none seemed to know much about what they were selling

^^This aswell.

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

My girlfriend ordered an inbred late on Tues night it arrived first thing thurs morn the only sting in the tail was the bike went up a £100 the day she bought it but she’s still happy with it..I’ve had 3 bikes from on one myself and had on the whole a good service. .mostly delivered in two days or less..lf anyone who’s thinking of getting a bike asks me where to look I always tell them to give on one a look..I’ve had good and bad experience’s in every bike shop ive been in so on one are no different in my book. .

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Planet X – helloooo, anyone home?’ is closed to new replies.