Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • pike 426 air u turn – clunking bottom out, what needs servicing?
  • grievoustim
    Free Member

I need some help with my Pikes.
    They are harshly bottoming out – with a sudden “clunk” which I can feel through the bars. Also not achieving full travel.

I have the bits to replace the seals on the lowers – but I’m not sure if I should be servicing the motion control and/ or the u-turn spring as well. Don’t want to spend time and money servicing bits that don’t need it

Any pointers appreciated

Thanks

BadlyWiredDog

You really need to strip it down. If there’s more oil in the lower leg than there should be on the MoCO side then it might be that the main seal on the rebound damper assembly has failed and allowed oil into the lower, which would explain the loss of travel and harsh bottoming, maybe. It’s easy enough to change if it has gone. But until you take the fork apart, which is pretty easy, it’s kind of hard to be definite in my current role as remote internet suspension surgeon – scalpel please…

Oh, and you should change the damping oil on the MoCo side while you’re at it as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘pike 426 air u turn – clunking bottom out, what needs servicing?’ is closed to new replies.