Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Phones again – Best Android phone under £150
  • ElShalimo

Currently looking for an Android phone – what’s the best all-rounder in the sub-£150 bracket?
    Thanks

PS I bought an Archos 50Diamond in April and it was fab until I dropped it recently and smashed the screen – sadly replacement screens are as rare as hen’s teeth. 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve just been looking into this. Umi Hammer is my current front runner but really want something smaller. Can only find branded phones with low specs or ok Chinese phones that are this size, my problem not yours but I’ll watch this thread in case anything else pops up

Russell96

Wileyfox Swift

https://www.wileyfox.com/swift/
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/wileyfox-swift-1302600/review

You can even get screen replacement for an extra £9.99 per year

ElShalimo

Russell96 – Member
    Wileyfox Swift

interesting, will Cyanogen let me use the same apps from Google Play?

djc1245
    Free Member

I’ve got a swift and i’m rather impressed with it. Yes you can use the same apps

chrisdw
    Free Member

Does the swift run banking apps okay? i.e. does it work like its rooted, which banking apps don’t like.

jon1973
    Free Member

About £20 over your budget, but I’d highly recommend the Moto G (3rd gen) 16gb. (the 16gb version has a faster processor, as well as the extra storage over the 8gb model.)

djc1245
    Free Member

I got the nationwide app and it works ok. Not sure about other banks as i don’t use them.

johnners
    Free Member

the 16gb version has a faster processor, as well as the extra storage over the 8gb model

I don’t think it does, it does up the RAM from 1Gb to 2 though. Which should help things along a bit.

matt_outandabout

+1 on the MotoG

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Just bought one of these after my nexus 5 went tits up again !
    seems fine for the money and i can add upto 128gb sd card if needed
    2gb ram , 16gb rom, Quad core, gorilla glass,Dual sim, Unlocked, 5.1 android all for £80
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/DOOGEE-Valencia-Y100-Android-Smartphone-Gray/dp/B0116QXNS2
    had mine from ebay though

nuke

Bit over your budget (£30) but the very good Oneplus One can be had new direct from Oneplus for £179

edhornby

I’m typing this on a Huwaei P8 lite, very good so far

frogstomp

Another +1 for the Moto G (3rd Gen).. got the 16GB one from Amazon last week to replace my ailing Xperia Z and more than happy with it so far!

jon1973
    Free Member

I don’t think it does, it does up the RAM from 1Gb to 2 though.

Yes, you’re right. It was the bigger ram I was thinking about, not the processor. Great phone though.

lalazar
    Free Member

I just bought a Doogee x5 pro from Gearbest for my son. There’s not much 8n it between that and the s4 I use myself but at £52 delivered who cares.

djglover
    Free Member

Search for jiayu s3 on here, really great phone

ElShalimo

If anyone is interested
    OnePlus X is on open sale without an invitation on Tuesdays in December. £199

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Phones again – Best Android phone under £150’ is closed to new replies.