Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PF30 Hope BB options – sanity check please?
  • warns74
    Free Member

Hi all,

I know this has been done to death but I cant seem to find the exact answer I’m looking for. I think the bearings in my Praxis Works have finally given up and have been looking at the alternatives from Hope and trying to figure out what I need.

2013 stumpjumper FSR with PF30 running Shimano cranks (24mm).

I’ve looked at the Hope reference chart, here:
    https://18bikes.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/2014-bb-selection-table_final.pdf

Is this correct?

PF30 has 46mm internal diameter, (I think), 73mm wide shell and 24mm shimano cranks would mean part no “BBPF467324SSN”? (Some nice part no logic in there from hope!)

If my logic is correct is this it?

(the 73-24 option)
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-pf46-press-fit-stainless-bottom-bracket/rp-prod118541

Many thanks

warns74
    Free Member

Quick bump, can anyone help?

z1ppy

I see no issues, your replacing a SRAM PF30 (46mm) with a Hope 73mm BB for a 24mm crankset.. BBPF467324SSN (number are all there in the model) & seemingly the CRC link is what you need…

Have to say it not as easy to figure out, as you’d think

warns74
    Free Member

Surely it shouldn’t be this hard but it does seem confusing. Just for clarity I’m looking to replace a Praxis Works converter thingymabob which was PF30 compatible and used to run Shimano XT cranks. I basically want the same thing only the Hope version?

Napalm100
    Free Member

So long as your bike has the 73mm shell then, yes, that is the correct BB for your bike.
    However you WILL need the Hope tool to fit it as well as it does not fit like a usual PF BB.

warns74
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, I just checked the part number of the praxis one that’s in there and it’s 73mm. Probably get the LBS to fit.

z1ppy

I’d check you LBS has the tool first (PF41) + PF46 tool adapter first 😀

wiggles
    Free Member

Rotor do one as well for £45

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PF30 Hope BB options – sanity check please?’ is closed to new replies.