Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Perennial what sunnies question?
  • FOG

I have smashed yet another pair of sunglasses so am looking for a reasonably priced alternative.The deceased were Adidas Evil Eye which were excellent but thats 2 pairs I have masacred and I don’t want to spend that kind of money again. Any good deals or value decent glasses about at the moment?

igm

£3.99 Aldi polarised fish specs at the moment. Comfortable and good eye coverage if the right style. They should have some left this week.

Deveron53
    Free Member

TK Maxx have some decent Bloc, Arnette etc at the mo. 20 to 25 quid,

7hz
    Free Member

How did you smash them?

Oakley FTW.

FOG

I was up on the N. Yorks moors when a sunny day turned within seconds to swirling mist as in ‘An American Werewolf in London’. I took off the sunnies and instead of doing the sensible thing and stopping to put them in my pack I put them in my shorts pocket, thinking ‘I had better not fall off’. Within 10 mins I got cross rutted, flew over the bars and of course landed on the side where the glasses were in the pocket. I was quite surprised they broke because they have actually been run over by a car and just needed clipping back together, but this time the plastic mounting points had snapped.
    Perhaps it was a message from The Powers That Be , I am never to have sunglasses again

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I got some from decathlon for about £10 with various lenses. Out of all the ones I’ve tried, they were best on the bike glasses / sunglasses yet.

Comfy and don’t steam up much and don’t allow wind into your eyes much either.

These are the nearest I could find there now…

click me

hainman
    Free Member

i have a pair of bolle spider safety glasses and they work a treat.they even got run over by a 4×4 last week and they bent back into shape.for 7quid you cant knock them.

rossrobot
    Free Member

Not so cheap but rayban wayfarers are pretty indestructible and look coooooool.

podman
    Free Member

Oakleys obviously aren’t a cheaper option, but they’re great to wear and if the threads n here are to be believed their CS is very good at repairing/ replacing broken glasses for cost.

I’ve always used cheaper glasses before, but after getting my first pair of Oakley’s 18 months ago I’ve not looked back- currently have three pairs for different uses! Vented Jawbones with VR28 lenses for daytime use, and Flak Jacket’s with a clear lens for night-riding.

A good tip for getting the Flak-Jackets at a good price is getting the the Standard Issue (SI) ones which are all black, the prices have risen since last year, but I should imagine they’re still much better value than the normal ones.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Perennial what sunnies question?’ is closed to new replies.