Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • People eating breakfast in shared offices
  • Drac

Don’t poke the sponge.

😀

know a paramedic who spend loads of time online while on duty – there seems to be regular down-time between the action. He probly spends some of it eating too.

I don’t know any.

Cougar

Don’t poke the sponge.

Properly given me the giggles, that has.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

They banned eating at the desks after one of the directors turned over a keyboard in one of our hot desking areas (it was making crunchy noises).

Turns out the 2 month old keyboard was significantly loaded with biscuit and bread crumbs. And mold.

Now we are (slowly) all moving to hot desking/open office suites, they have banned eating at desks. As i don’t fancy sitting down at a keyboard full of someone elses disgusting food leftovers. Even my own leftovers are pretty manky.

On the flip side, our 300 working place office has a 60+ seat kitchen/dining area, free fruit, free tea/coffee, and all that is needed to go and have a chilled out breakfast every morning.

So i do that. And get paid.

Even have a team breakfast once a fortnight, for an hour. Which i get paid for.

Drac

**** hell! 😯

rogermoore

So you can’t have biscuits at your hot-desks? What do you dip in your tea?
    RM.

rene59
    Free Member

I’ve banned eating at desks in my place. Its not healthy.

Why isn’t it healthy? Bugs and bacteria through poor hygiene but also because eating at desks to the extent it had become (ie people eating breakfast, lunch and somecases dinner) is not good for mental wellbeing.

Sandwich

Robots don’t eat breakfast.

They don’t buy goods and services either as was famously pointed out to Ford senior management by the convenor.

senorj

“And then they bugger off for a shit with their smartphones for 30 minutes.
    Slackers!”

Oi! I resemble that remark.

thered

Oldnpastit & Pook have me bang to rights.

It’s the noise more than anything else, the scraping no the bowls and the tupperware, it boils my blood.

Then I start thinking about their slackness and that they can’t be bothered to get out of bed early enough to eat cos they’re lazy, stealing time when they should be productive. This objection is extremely irrational as their roles have no impact on mine.

MOSTLY IT’S THE BLOODY NOISE!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Try working in Africa.

Coleagues having microwaved fish heads for breakfast.

You try to stop it and you get called racist.

jolmes
    Free Member

Then I start thinking about their slackness and that they can’t be bothered to get out of bed early enough to eat cos they’re lazy, stealing time when they should be productive

Mardy pants this morning huh? :-p

I eat breakfast at my desk and also have lunch at my desk. Why? Cause its far more productive than getting into work 30-40 mins later in the morning and then spending an hour in the canteen and also paying extortionate prices for mediocre food where i can bring my own yummy food in.

Noise – completely agree with, someone people need to learn to eat quietly.

wors

Porridge currently in the microwave, and i’ll be eating it at my desk. In a shared office. 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

For those that permit breakfast at work …

I shall be sitting next to you having me durian breakfast with salted fish spicy fragrance rice then.

😆

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

what a sorry state we are in when people have to eat al desco*

*not serious, but kind of true

trail_rat
    Free Member

brian regan said it best when referring to microwaving pop tarts….

“if you need to be eating and hauling ass in 7 seconds rather than waiting on the toaster you need to reevaluate your life priorities”

😀

mattyfez

I have lunch at my desk, as do most of us.
    It’s more comfortable and relaxing as I can surf the net as opposed to sat in a cafe/restaurant with all the aggravation of other diners and thier offspring.

batfink
    Free Member

I wander around the corner to a nice coffee shop at about 10am with a few colleagues.

Coffee and some avocado toast to take back to my desk…… mebbe takes 20 minutes (including the eating).

Glad to hear it might be annoying some people – maybe they’re annoyed that they don’t have a nice cup of coffee and some avocado toast too?

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘People eating breakfast in shared offices’ is closed to new replies.