Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Pedalcover 1/4 the price of my current insurers (M&S/Aviva) and better cover
  • bol

Wow. I had my renewal notice from M&S this morning. A claim for £200 in October led to an increase from an already rediculous £650 to nearly £1000. That’s for contents only with three expensive bikes in a low crime area. After a quick look on here for the latest recommendations, I had a conversation with Pedalcover, who came back with a quote of less than £400 for buildings and contents, or exactly the same price as my buildings only cover with Aviva.

The general cover is at least as good as my current cover, and it covers my bikes for racing, sportives etc to a value of £15k worldwide. It’s also underwritten by the same insurer as my M&S policy.

I’m struggling to find a hitch. I guess I’ll only find out if I have to claim, but looks very good indeed.

DT78
    Free Member

Book marked for future. Is it new for old and if covered in out buildings / car boot?

Swelper
    Free Member

Yep bingo here too. Just renewed with Pedalcover too. I was all over the policy can’t find anything untoward very very good value and a pleasure to deal with them.

You’ll be mad not to consider them for insurance. Even to the point of cancelling a policy to recover with them

Swelper
    Free Member

Underwritten by AXA

Onzadog
    Free Member

What’s the catch?

bol

Can’t find a catch. As long as the outbuilding is properly locked etc. the truth will be in the claiming as ever. Not something I hope I’ll experience, but in fairness something that M&S couldn’t be faulted for.

iain1775
    Free Member

Been with them 6 months now, not had to claim but haven’t heard any bad experiences either way although I’ve not seen the actual wording variation from the standard AXA policy yet that details the extra cover
    Darren also recently sorted me a very competitive travel insurance policy that beats Dogtag, Snowcard and all the other suspects. I really need to call him and take it out

TheWrongTrousers

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

content insurance limited to 75K? though not a limiting factor something to bear in mind?

munrobiker
    Free Member

I asked them for a quote a week or two ago and it’s not appeared- do they normally take a while?

bol

Munrobiker, when I spoke to them yesterday they’d just come back from two weeks riding, so were just catching up. Sounds like a small company.

Tuscaloosa, good point, but I can only dream of having £75k of contents to insure.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Bol, I used to wonder how much content insurance is ‘enough’ but I’m pretty certain if we add up all the stuff in the house you will find 1 in 5 of us probably don’t have enough insurance.

blastit
    Free Member

On the not enough insurance theme, we got broken into and deemed not to have enough insurance and had our claim reduced . So please folks beware.
    The loss adjuster was putting everything in. Garden walls /sheds etc.
    We had an old garden shed that I put on legs for the kids and he valued that at 2k.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Pedalcover 1/4 the price of my current insurers (M&S/Aviva) and better cover’ is closed to new replies.