• This topic has 475 replies, 58 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by lesa.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 476 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: 24TH SEPTEMBER, EDALE, 10.00AM
  • Pook

About time we had another don’t you think?

Route etc tbc, but there’s a call for ‘technical bits’. For that, assume wondrous cavedale. But the emphasis will still be on it being a relaxed social ride.

Oh, and this is officially my birthday pootle. So be nice!

nbt

Possibly. We’ll see how things go…

Pook

Regarding turning up or being nice jules?

GRAEMEJONES

Me, I’m in. Also my Birthday weekend 😀

lipseal
    Free Member

I’m doing to hope valley challenge, otherwise I’d have turned up.

nbt

Turning up! I’m always nice, me 😉

nbt

Hope valley challenge that weekend, so you *may* want to consider route choices and even ride location!

Pook

Damnit. Right. That’s a spanner in the works.

Keep tuned in folks. May relocate over the hill.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Probably a curse (for me) but if I can slip the child-care monster’s grasp, I’m in 😈 This would be my 4th attempt to join in with you guys and so I successful, I may have to bake 😯

hora
    Free Member

How many people ‘do this challenge? I can’t imagine its a motorway and even the walkers stay away 🙄

will
    Free Member

Chris was literally just in the process of sending you a message!

I think you should move this to sunday! Then i’ll show my face. Could do with some real riding instead of tarmac and muddy fields!

GRAEMEJONES

That’s 2 of us allowed Birthday cake then, Triple chocolatey thing with added chocolatey bits I think . 😮

Pook

Can’t do Sunday William. Sorry!

BadlyWiredDog

I might be able to come. Can I also issue a heart-felt plea to people not to go on about how slow they are in this thread. Which hill were you thinking of re-locating over? I’m really, really slow and unfit by the way…

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I fancy that- will seak to Graham .This may call for extra cakeage

Mart

hora
    Free Member

I’m in. I’ll see if I can get mrshora to remake the lemon drizzle cake she made a week or two ago..

binners

Chances of Hora still having the 5 spot by the time this comes round?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Arsecakes (not what I’m bringing along for food!) – I can’t make this. I’ve got a work reunion the night before. Old faces + booze + chat + more booze..repeat to fade. Will not be in a fit state to drive & ride.

hora
    Free Member

Slim and none?

Pook

Probably slowly relocate to the slow hills over Ladybower way. Slowly, mind.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Spoke to graham , he will be working can’t do saturday .we will stick to our usual sunday spot .let us know if it does get changed for any reason .I can do either day but not both

Mart

hora
    Free Member

Oh I fancied Cavedale.

Does the race take in Cavedale?

binners

Is it up for sale yet? How much do you want for it?

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I could do with tagging along on one of these rides. I’m not sure on the routes up there. I only ever ride over cut gate when I’m over that way.

Is this an open invitation or is it the boys club?

hora
    Free Member

Binners I’ll do you mates rates at £999.

Seth I hate clicques (I can’t even spell it)

binners

You bought it for less than that, you goggle-eyed freak! Seriously; are you selling it?

And anyway…. you only hate cliques because you’ve never been allowed to be in one 😛

BadlyWiredDog

It’s utterly open and inclusive. Anyone can and does come along, even Hora… The pace is gentle-ish and cake is compulsory 🙂

hora
    Free Member

binners- they are £1900 new. Mine represents a bargain 😉

binners

binners- they are £1900 new. Mine represents a bargain*

* to anyone incapable of using google or picking up a phone

FTFY 😉

BadlyWiredDog

What is the ‘boys club’ anyway?

hora
    Free Member

..sold out there …hee hee

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I’m not even sure BWD I have just heard the expression used a few times! I think its something David Cameron might have been in when he was a pupil at Eaton!

So is there a specific location and time date as I can see there is a bit of tweaking needed with things going on etc. I’m a fair weather rider me so If I go it would probably be the last proper ride till next spring.

binners

Its you lot out riding in tweeds with one trouser leg rolled up, and your remarkably similar ties, Don’t think we haven’t noticed

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ooooooo, quite possibly, will get the paperwork filed with the missus in triplicate and get back to you.

Anyone for Gin and Tonic cake?

GRAEMEJONES

G&T cake ? That’s a new one, got to be worth a go. 🙂

MartynS

If I’m around I’m in…if the weather is cracking the flags I may be elsewhere!
    (birthday rider as well.!)

however with due deference to BWD I’m so fast I’ll have done 4 laps by the time everyone else has got to the top of the first hill. I’m so fast time actually goes a bit backwards when I ride..

hora
    Free Member

martyn I was bimbing along the top of Rivi yesterday and two riders on the lightist/weakest looking hardtails blew past me and down the ice cream run and disapeared. 😯

Pook

Seth – you’ll be welcomed with open arms. Hora loves new blood.

Pook

PLAN AS ABOVE. Their route is hope, edale, hayfield and back. We’ll stay mostly castleton side.

mjb

I’ll try and make this one (i think i’ve only managed the second pootle so far).

A map of the Hope Valley Challenge is here. Looks like you should be able to avoid the worst of it and still do Cavedale.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 476 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: 24TH SEPTEMBER, EDALE, 10.00AM’ is closed to new replies.