Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Patriot 66 shock info
  • nickf
    Free Member

Trying to find the shock size (eye to eye) for a DHX3 coil. Seems to be a 2.8″ spring, but short of taking the bike off and measuring, there must be data out there.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. And yes, I did try googling, even rang up TFT. Someone must know this, surely?

fivespot
    Free Member

I am sure its 215mmm i2i x 63mm stroke or 8.5″ x 2.5″(same as the Alpine 160). However, I think you can use a 190 x 50 shock in certain shuttle positions for a shorter 140mm travel. Hope this helps.

transporter13
    Free Member

fivespot is correct 😉

DickBarton

Phone Orange???

Jeffus
    Free Member

+1 Five spot is correct 🙂

nickf
    Free Member

Cheers all, just what I needed.

diplomatt
    Free Member

215mmm i2i x 63mm stroke (8.5″ x 2.5″) is the standard size and will give you 178mm (7″) of travel. You can run a 200mm i2i x 57mm stroke with the same shock shuttle to give ~160mm travel. From what I remember you could run the shock shuttle flush with the end of the shuttle mount with the shorter shock and it’s nicely slack and low. You can also run a 190mm i2i * 50mm stroke for ~140mm travel but you’l need the angled shock shuttle for that.

Hope that helps.

ianpv
    Free Member

yup, agree with everyone. I’ve had a 215mm shock, a 190mm shock with the short shock shuttle, and have now settled on a 200*57 for 160mm front and rear and that seems the best all around bet for me. Although, it was a lot of fun with 190mm on it, you could set it up very slack and low at the bb and it ripped around.

I liked it least with a 215mm on it actually.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Patriot 66 shock info’ is closed to new replies.