• This topic has 47 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Andy.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Passportes du Soleil
  • binners

Doesn’t matter what day really. Just spend the other two scaring the bejeesus out of yourself on the downhill stuff 😀

vinnyeh

I assume it’s a 1-day ride, so could you do it three times, once a day?

Yes, you can even do it without paying (other than a lift ticket), if you really must.

Though I don’t think you’d want to do it 3 days on the trot- there’s a fair bit of monotony to it.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

ta

we were thinking of heading out to the Alps early July, so this may be an option, if the stars align etc.

How long does the ride take, with/without food/siesta stops?

scud
    Free Member

I think we started at 8am and were finished about 6pm, but that was with a lot of stops, mechanicals, punctures and general picture-taking and faffing. A lot of time is spent queueing for the cable-cars (which you don’t mind as you are chatting with fellow bikers and taking in awesome scenery) and stopping at the food stops.

I wouldn’t do the same for 3 days, there is so much other good riding in the area.

Try picking up this guidebook, we found some great easy to follow routes in it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morzine-Portes-Du-Soleil-Selected/dp/0954976258/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326983488&sr=8-1

jambalaya
    Free Member

You want to take all day, the idea is to ride fast enough so you can take a decent amount of time at the free food stops and slow enough to enjoy the atmosphere.

Ride the event once and use the other days to explore. The event makes a good start (assuming you are used to Alpine style riding or have at least one day to warm up) or end to a holiday.

reggie – you can ride the circuit anytime, they leave the sign posts up all season. It is worth doing the event for the atmosphere etc.

weeksy

So, stealing this guys thread a little bit…

Am i on the ‘slightly’ wrong bike, the completely wrong bike or am i just a statistic in the making with my Giant XTC29er with 100mm Fox forks ?

The thing is, i know the bike, have the spares, it’s set up right for me, which surely plays a big old part in it being right/wrong ?

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-GB/bikes/model/xtc.29er/7876/45527/

MrGFisher
    Free Member

Another quick question for those in the know, I’m responsible for sorting entry for two friends and myself. Will I be able to register all three places at once when registration opens, or will I have to do it individually for each rider?

Andy

Yup can do – need personal details from them beforehand. DOB/Next of Kin & Contact number/ address

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Passportes du Soleil’ is closed to new replies.