Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Parents, recommend me… A front child seat
  • FallOutBoy
    Free Member

Eg.

Our little one is now 8 months and is now at the stage where I think she’d enjoy her first outing on a bike so… any suggestions for a seat. Looks like you can pay anything from £35 to £200. Obviously want to get something that fixes securely and is safe and comfortable, but I’m a bit big to try them!

Dekerf
    Free Member

Look at the other child seat thread. I have said a bit about my LOCT there

I think at 8 months old your little one is too small for these, as they need to be able to hold on by themselves. I know I wouldn’t be happy for my younger one to go out in it, and he is a large 7 months.

clubber
    Free Member

That really depends. My lad at 8 months was absolutely fine but was big and strong, very stable. Plenty of other kids of the same age would clearly not have been ok.

catfood
    Free Member

I would recommend a bobike mini

http://www.bobike.nl/en/Bobike-you-re-sitting-pretty.htm

I started taking baby catfood out at about 8 months and its perfect, especially the fact that you can interact with them. It attaches to the stem so if you crash the kid wont get hit by the bars.

The only negative of front child seats is that you have to be able to put your feet down to stop while still sat on the saddle so your seat has to be pretty low but thats a small price to pay.

FallOutBoy
    Free Member

Thanks catfood. Hadn’t thought about the saddle height/dismounting problems

wildrnes
    Free Member

as i said in the other thread
    get a weeride, my little girl is 7 months old and she loves coming out for a ride with daddy, she is safely strapped in and has a lid on and if she falls asleep(she always does) i can cradle her in my arm while we ride, the ones posted above don’t fit on all bikes (fit to 2 out of our 11) the weeride fits to

orange 5, bionicon eddison, prince albert, sub zero, and vonny’s trek thing, (not tried it on any of the road bikes, but i wouldn’t use them on a road bike anyway)

2tyred

These are great – well made and easy to remove. You need just under an inch of steerer between stem and headset for the ‘spike’. The seat itself slides onto the spike and is held in place with a pin. I don’t often remove the spike unless I’m doing a proper ride.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Parents, recommend me… A front child seat’ is closed to new replies.