Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Paid council carer for elderly relative on will as executor!?! Illegal??
  • highclimber
    Free Member

this is quite sad for all involved (carer not included). if it turns out she is manipulating him for financial gain, I hope she gets her cumuppence in either her job or jail or both. if what’s been said is true in regards to rules against this kind of thing I hope the examples of the dog and car are enough to warrant an investigation and that she is removed from her post immediately to prevent her manipulating him even further.

all the best

Grapefruit
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – I understand where you’re coming from and my personal feelings would be along the same lines. Certainly the examples stated by the original poster sound pretty compelling and worth delving deeper to check out. First things first to support the older person here is to get the alerters form done – or report the alleged abuse verbally to social services and they can fill it in on the alerter’s behalf. This will force the issue through the proper channels and give people a chance to weigh up the strength of the evidence and determine further action. If it’s a council employee then they may be removed from those duties asap pending investigation. If it’s staff from a third party provider then the council can still force the issue citing appropriate contract terms and standard safeguarding procedure. Most providers worth their salt would endeavour to remove the staff member anyway and should want to fully cooperate with any investigation (it usually rings wider alarm bells if they don’t).

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

any news from this?

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Paid council carer for elderly relative on will as executor!?! Illegal??’ is closed to new replies.