Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Own up if you’re a screamer
  • Bunnyhop

During our mtb ride on Sunday, myself and good friend Claire could be heard screaming down all the tricky descents. Seem to have read somewhere that Aleigh does this too.
    Surely it can’t just be girlie thing. Own up you chaps?

I have been know to scream uphilling too.

Eeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I was on a ride in Swinley, and could hear Aleigh screaming.

She was in the Quantocks at the time!!

thomthumb
    Free Member

more of a grunter meself! 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Seem to have read somewhere that Aleigh does this too.

[tongue in cheek]She’s getting quieter as her technique improves![/tongue in cheek] 😉

Hehe.

I think it’s obviously a girl thing though, never ever heard a bloke doing it!

cynic-al
    Free Member

no attention seeking from me. Stealth mode only.

will
    Free Member

Only curse if i can’t get up a hill, and make a silly mistake.
    No screaming here.

bruneep
    Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I don’t scream but mine is more of a “WOAH” as I descend and more of a groan going up!!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

screeming mile in the Peaks,

I’m more of a huck and whoop kinda guy, and shouting advice to the guy in front, usualy along the lines of “keep of the f*****g brake you numpty, what are you a girl? my granny can corner faster than that.”

jojoA1
    Free Member

I’m a swearer. The poor delicate boys get all upset with my potty mouth; not ladylike they say. 😕

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Too true Jojo – turn the air blue you do

coffeeking
    Free Member

Lots of people seem to but I just never feel the need to vocalise my concern for my safety. I find it doesnt aid concentration and the only time I “woah!” is if I actually stack it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member
    bassspine
    Free Member

people can hear me swearing to myself as I call myself names, and tell myself to stop braking and keep my feet on the pedals 🙁

I caught myself singing the other day whilst blatting down some sunny singletrack, if that helps…

(it was ‘One of those days in England with a sword in every pond’ – 10 points for album title and artist)

jennyh
    Free Member

I try really hard not to scream as it is so girly. But I am a girl so what tends to happen is that I make these little squeaks instead, which irritate me even more! I’m working hard on the pitch of them to try to make them sound a bit more gruff.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Crikey, that be some squeelage. Think I’d ride off on my other half if she sounded like that 😀

sharki
    Free Member

nope, i’d never hear the faraway bird if i did…

Bunnyhop

T.J. I hope mine aren’t that high pitched, otherwise the local dogs would be chasing my tail.

Been told I scream abit when off-piste.

jojoA1
    Free Member

To be fair to me TJ, I was already all sworn out and at the bottom at that stage. 😛

MartynS

Been told I scream abit when off-piste.

I’ll bet… nudge nudge, wink wink..

Bunnyhop

Hijack- MartynS-hubby had a bad tumble today off piste, I’m thinking quite abit of swearing was going on there!

aleigh
    Free Member

I was on a ride in Swinley, and could hear Aleigh screaming.

She was in the Quantocks at the time!!

You can talk mr – Andy heard me and you and he was quite a way from us at Swinley!

Rickos
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

mlehladies screaming youtube clip

Love the way Luke gets included with the girls.

As for me I tend to eff and jeff but only if I screw it up. *High 5’s jojo*

sharki
    Free Member
    clareymorris

More of a giggler, apparently!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You can talk mr

What? I don’t scream! I do swear a lot though. And cackle.

My downstairs neighbour appears to be a screamer. I don’t think she’s riding a mountain bike, though. These flats are quite tiny.

She best not keep that racket up; I want to watch some iPlayer in a bit. Might have a bit of ‘The Sweeney’, too.

Bunnyhop

MartynS – I remember you falling off in front of me (Chadkirk Chapel), with not so much as a ‘whoops a daisy’, me, I would have screamed the quiet little sllepy place down.

Bunnyhop

Mean’t sleepy – doh!

stevomcd
    Free Member

I met a bunch of other riders pushing/riding up Ben Lomond a while back. They mentioned that the lived near Innerleithen and went out for a ride every Wednesday. I mentioned that I’d been riding at Innerleithen the previous Wednesday, just got down before it got dark.

Got asked “were you the guy doing all the wooping?”.

Shamefully I was… 😳

mema
    Free Member

I don’t scream going downhill but going up hill I tilt my head to the side and stick my tongue out, I’m sure it makes it easier!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

mrmsmw screams when she falls off or thinks she is going too but not whilst just riding along 😯

apparently she screamed when she did this though:

apologies for the quality of the picture, i wasn’t there 🙁

mrsflash
    Free Member

martyns does a good line in camp “oooh helloooo”s when seeing obstacles. I just tend to ride with my tongue stuck out concentraty-like.

jojoA1
    Free Member

‘Props’ to mrs-mrmw. I want to do drops like that.

stumpy01

I swear at myself…..particularly when tired and going uphill, or when I mess up downhill sections and get clumsy. And I make pained GGRRAARRGGHH type noises when tired and struggling.

I have been known to let out the odd Whoop and laugh too…

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

oh and a i screamed like a little girl when i did ‘crazy train’ in Kelowna BC

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think it’s obviously a girl thing though, never ever heard a bloke doing it!

Really? I suppose I don’t actually scream, but I’m very vocal in totally rufty-tufty well ard blokey kinda way 🙂 People have commented that it’s fun to ride behind me to listen to all the noises I make :o) “OOoof! Arrgh! Help! Yee-har! etc”

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

isn’t that just when you are riding behind a girl simon?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

isn’t that just when you are riding behind a girl simon?

then it’s more silent rapt contemplation :o)

Bunnyhop

mrsmrmichaelwright has put me to shame, that’s impressive.
    I’ve been screaming going over small rocks and teeny drop offs, if I went over that gert big thing it would be the full on swearing for Britain award.

juan
    Free Member

oh oh oh oula
    oh putain
    oh counass
    ola
    oh putain
    oh counass
    oula oula

If you hear that, you ar not far off in front/behind me…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Own up if you’re a screamer’ is closed to new replies.