Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Our half term bike ride.
  • richpips
    Free Member

My boy and I braved the minging weather earlier this week to do the C2C.

http://minipips.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/coast-to-coast-st-bees-to-south-shields.html

mrblobby
    Free Member

Brilliant blog, love it! Can but hope for similar adventures when my mini blobby is old enough. Thanks for posting.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yes, 83 miles St. Bees to Nenthall, and yes he is 8.

😯

He’s a trooper! Well done both 🙂

wonderchump
    Free Member

Marvellous blog – Well done to you both. Not an XBOX or PS3 in sight – My faith in kids is restored.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Well done! My 5 year old can’t wait to ride over Hartside with me (its a regular for me), if I show him this he’ll be thrilled 🙂

jekkyl

brilliant. that hill from stanhope to the quarry is an absolute killer!

richpips
    Free Member

Thanks folks. Glad you enjoyed our adventure. 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

that hill from stanhope to the quarry is an absolute killer!

Too right. I thought there might have to be some bike pushing involved and one point.

martinhutch

Age 8. Riding alone at times in the dark on unfamiliar roads. Hilly 83-milers with kit. His smiley face at the bunkhouse. He’s awesome and you must be so chuffed 😯

sandwicheater

That was brilliant, thanks for sharing. Can’t wait until my little one can ride.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Brilliant – truly inspirational

richpips
    Free Member

Age 8. Riding alone at times in the dark on unfamiliar roads. Hilly 83-milers with kit. His smiley face at the bunkhouse. He’s awesome and you must be so chuffed

His drive an detrmination are quite amazing. There is no retreat or surrender. I am trying to adopt his ways. 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

😀

jamiea
    Free Member

Fanbloodytastic! What a lad, hopefully I have such adventures to look forward with my little girl in a few years 😀

Cheers,
    Jamie

dawson

Bloody ace!

I wish my 2 (11yrs & 9yrs) would ride like that!

Will be showing them this later.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I’ve had some great rides with my now 12-year-old over the last few years but nothing that compares to the C2C. Well done both of you.

Bregante

I’m going to show this to my 9yr old daughter tonight after her recent hissy fit on a 3 mile canal path ride 🙂

Bunnyhop

Well done minipips.
    I love hearing of your adventures.

djflexure

Surprised your son managed that tbh. Some achievement.
    Doing it with my 12 year old next year, its a school trip. I have found that he manages to cycle less distance as he gets older, but has much more attitude by way of compensation.
    Once he found out about uplifts he virtually refused to pedal up any hill.

bentudder

Minipips is seriously impressive. Good on you both.

robdob
    Free Member

Wow. Just wow. I was wondering whether to do it in 2 or 3 days on my own and staying in a B and B. It seems that your lad has raised the bar – if I don’t do it in 2 I should be ashamed!

richpips
    Free Member

Wow. Just wow. I was wondering whether to do it in 2 or 3 days on my own and staying in a B and B. It seems that your lad has raised the bar – if I don’t do it in 2 I should be ashamed!

Thanks. 3 days would allow for lunch at a cafe and maybe an afternoon beer stop. 2 days this time of year doesn’t allow for much other than riding.

asterix
    Free Member

great ride, blog and thread! well done to you both 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Our half term bike ride.’ is closed to new replies.