Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ouch!
  • Kbrembo
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEFCQRwj28w[/video]

chewkw
    Free Member

did he die?

jam-bo

did he die?

Not yet, but I don’t imagine it’ll be long.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Article….

“See, it’s okay because he lived, and that means you can say things like, “OH DUUUUUUDE WHAAAAT,” without feeling too bad about yourself. Corliss did suffer two broken legs (including one with a nasty compound fracture), but what could have been much worse was prevented by Corliss opening his chute after coming into contact with a ridge of Table Mountain during a wingsuit flight.

Corliss explains how this happened in the first place. Okay, maybe “explains” is a strong word. He describes what happens, and your normal brain will attempt to process this.

Well the answer is very simple. I was flying too close and messed up 🙂 I was going for a black balloon that was basically laying on the rocks and was going to try and kick it with my foot. In order to do this I had to fly low and flat between boulders. My left foot clipped a boulder that dragged me into a flat ledge that I took at the waist at full speed. If I had not clipped that boulder I might have made it, I might have still impacted. It’s very hard to tell from the footage. Everything happens very fast. But when you go for a flight where inches are the difference between making it and not making it well impact is very possible. I knew this and took the risk and paid the price for pushing way to hard. I take full responsibility for my actions and am just happy I still have legs to do rehab on”

ski
    Free Member

Cannot belive my eyes, did he just hit the ground!

😯

wallace1492
    Free Member

That is completely amazing…. amazing that he is still alive. He is as mad as a bag of cut snakes, maybe even madder than that. Look on you Tube for “Grinding the Crack” (OK sounds a lot dodgyer than it is!) Never posted video on here but will try, its amazing.

wallace1492
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k[/video]

Woody
    Free Member

Another few mm and I think his chances of having children would be nil 😯

Lucky? Mad? Definitely fantastic!

chewkw
    Free Member

Okay I guess he needs more jumps …

cynic-al
    Free Member

This came up a few days ago, not sure if there was any particularly enlightening comments tho!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ouch!’ is closed to new replies.