Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • OT: How best to share 100MB of photos?
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hi

I have about 30 pictures from holiday varying in size from 2-10MB Id like to share with friends living miles away

I mistakenly thought I could put them on Flickr and they could download them
    Sadly I have ‘misunderestimated’ how numpty my mates are

I could load them to my Dropbox file and let them download and install this app but again Im a bit worried it will be too much for their pretty heads

Emailing is an option but I dont have the patience for that

Any other ideas?
    Some kind of privacy is good, not that theres anything fruity on them – honest 🙂

Thanks

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Put them on a cheap USB stick or cd and post it?

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

When you say share is that look at or let them have?

If its look at, how about Picasa Web Album

donsimon
    Free Member

Why can’t you reduce the resolution and email them? I suppose they’ll just sit on their pc and never really be looked at. 😉

iamsporticus
    Free Member

4 different people living miles apart

Theyve seen them on Flickr at reduced resolution and want the originals

Thanks so far

konabunny
    Free Member

Burn them to CD. Save yourself the hassle of explaining!

simon_g

Resize to 800 or 1024 wide, 90% quality. Shouldn’t be more than a few hundred kb each, email 10 at a time, and if they’re that technically unsophisticated they’ll look fine on their screen and shouldn’t clog up their email.

The photos/public gallery bit of Dropbox isn’t bad either, it’ll generate a link to send for them to get access, when they click to view each in full size there’s a “save” link at the bottom.

http://www.dropbox.com/help/18

donsimon
    Free Member

Open new account on flickr.
    Upload the original photos.
    Give them the password to the new account.
    Let them down load.

(I also doubt if they’d notice any difference between a reduced resolution and the original, unless they want to print at larger than poster size).

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Same as don except – if you use photobucket, just grade the album page “Public”, then email the url…

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Dropbox is defo the easiest way of sharing files, and the benefit being it works across just about any platform. Options to either instal the app, or download the files from the web browser.

Disadvantage is that you can’t view the files, but are forced to download.

The free account has a 2GB limit from memory, which you can increase for free by introducing other people to the service.

Downside, its not the greatest security, spider oak is the better option for more sensitive information.

I also use the Mobile Me application, but they seem to have locked that out to new users lately no doubt awaiting the iCloud rollout.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Put them on a memory stick, send it to one of them with instructions to post on to the next person once the pics are downloaded

footflaps

You can share the originals via Flickr – all 5000+ of my photos on there are available in the original size (10 Mb).

iamsporticus
    Free Member

thanks for the help

in the end I just phoned the numptiest up and talked them through how to get them from Flickr

🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘OT: How best to share 100MB of photos?’ is closed to new replies.