Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • OT Center Parcs Website error "there" mistake Where so I stand, help !
  • bruneep
    KennySenior
    Free Member

H4 seems to be more a point of covering their behinds on nuisance trouble maker types.

I would have thought that it absolutely applies then 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

Given that logic what’s to stop them adding say £10 per person to everybodies holiday saying that the price they had booked at was a mistake . Would you expect everybody to just sit around and accept it ?

Well, that would be advertising a misleading price, which is a criminal offence under section 20 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
    The important word is ‘misleading’ which means deliberately trying to give a false impression of the price, as opposed to just making a mistake.

chapps
    Free Member

Again thank you for the comments.
    As the the negative ones, I wont go to lengths, if you wish to pigeon hole me.
    Ive had manual jobs my whole life. Worked weekends for the first 13 of them a 6 day week for 2 of them to “Save” a deposit for my first pad, been on a 4 day week and found work elsewhere to make ends meet. I dont claim for benefits even though eligable. So rather than take I would like to beleive Im adding to our country when poss.
    So “No” not a Middle class issue and no its not “Karma” I havent wronged anyone in this process.

The reason for my defence is CP line of communicating to my wife.
    Im sure everyone sticks up for their family-other halfs and Im no differnt.

The staff more or less accused my wife of theft. She stated it was “Out of your normal booking pattern”. There was no apology when the cancelation e-mails flooded in. It was if we had hacked into their website and what was she doing up at that time. At no point did she state this is our problem at CP we cocked up. She was pointing the blame towards us, like you should have known not to book at those prices?!?!

Had their staff taken a more tactful approach and been a hell of a lot nicer it would not have got my back up and we could have all have come to a civil agreement.

The real life scenario was my wife was up late “Working” and looking ahead as we both have a busy “Work” schedule next year. 2 kids she looked at prices for CP. She found a good price, woke me up. Booked it, then looked ahead and the future prices were all attractive.
    Nothing seemed obvious on the site i.e wrong as all the other prices were tiered as usual.
    Like I said before, we thought it was purley a booking “Offer” window of time so that CP can advertise we sell at prices £x to £y depending on when you book.
    As for “Out of your normal booking pattern” whatver that means? weve been twice before and I think its a little irelavant anyway?
    Surely a website is a 24-7 selling tool thats the whole point.

With 2 young kids often the only time to get on with things is late at night.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I would go to the Citizens Advice.
    They have very helpful when my Mrs contacted them.

roper
    Free Member

Had their staff taken a more tactful approach and been a hell of a lot nicer it would not have got my back up and we could have all have come to a civil agreement.

So are you trying to punish them?

chapps
    Free Member

So are you trying to punish them?

No Im trying to defend my family.
    I dont take kindly to someone phoning my family and pointing the blame squarley at us, as if we were wholey to blame.

She now wants play the Hardline with CP T’s and C’s in full expectation of me being a clueless twazak and roll over.

Its a principle for me now that she is blaming us for me to look into what they have done and can they lawfully do it. I have been on the other end and been front of shop with the general public and wouldnt ever have taken the line that CP has with dealing with this situation.

Weve all taken a phone call with a: someone that is very pleasant and understanding or b: someone that takes the other approach.

mudshark
    Free Member

If my wide booked for trips to CP and then CP gave me a chance to cancel them I’d take it and be grateful.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Like Ian Munro I’m pretty curious as to how much discount there actually was. Was it a reasonable amount? Or something so good you’d want to book 4 times 😉 Come on, fess up 😉 I think if it’s the latter perhaps you should accept the 1 bargain holiday and cut your losses. As suggested, you might have to take them to court to enforce matters. Then they might be able to bar you as a troublemaker anyway. I take your point about them being rude, that’s not acceptable. But if you’ve booked 4 holidays at 50p each then I can see why they’re thinking you must have known it’s a mistake.

All those people trying to run you down for going to Centreparcs are a bit sad really. Not been myself but I can see the attraction if you’ve got kids and want something trouble free.

chapps
    Free Member

It was a reasonable amount. But nothing mega low like 50p etc
    Around 50% on av
    Like I said we thought it was an offer window much the same as any shop retailer etc sometimes does.
    Loss leader to gain interest for booking early.
    In the scheme of things CP isnt cheap, its good but not cheap.
    So the total still added up.

Thanks for the interest in general. I obviously wanted to get a feel of maybe where I stood in the scheme of things with where I am so far with the transaction. If the staff hadnt given the Mrs a stearn telling off maybe I wouldnt be pursuing it. Im not sure why some members wish to assume my “Class” and that I havent got anything else to worry about in life?

To put this into a diffrent scenario.
    A bloke has finished his night shift, hes traveling home in the early hours and not quite ready for bed he drops into his chosen Supermarket which is now open 24hrs.
    He makes his way to the Lager isle and reaches for his favourite tipple, he notices its half price. When looking around in fact the whole lager isle is half price so thinks they are doing a deal.
    He picks up 4 bottles rather than 1 as the deal is good.
    He takes it to the checkout, the cashier happily scans it all through and its time to pay. At this point the manager passes by noticing the lager price. He puts a halt to it and cancels the sale for all 4.
    He puts the blame squarley at the customer. Shouldnt the customer have realised there was a cock up (Even though the whole section was discounted the same) and what the hell was the customer doing in the shop at that time anyway, your not normally in the shop now!
    The manager states he can do what he wants due to his T’s and C’s although he doesnt actually know if he can or not but thinks the customer will be blinded by the science.
    At no point does the manager say sorry its our fault etc. Its all down to the customer should have noticed something was out of whack with what do you think you were doing attitude.

This is pretty much where we are in the scheme of things. They have so far said they would honour 1 of the breaks (We will see) the fact they were so bloody rude is why I looked into it further.

Thanks again.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘OT Center Parcs Website error "there" mistake Where so I stand, help !’ is closed to new replies.