Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Orange 5 – show me you colours…
  • matt_outandabout

OK, so I am wondering what a couple of the colours look like on the 5 – normal and custom, and the new ones.

I have the usual silver / orange / blue colours.

Anyone got any other colours? Post the pics!

Its an insurance cost limited option – So speccing up a 5 ‘S’ but with Float R’s, Hope hubs n hope headset – and I have option of custom colour or the Maxle rear or UST…any thoughts?

matt_outandabout

oh, and 6′ ers – what size did you go for? I was 18″ on my old Sub5, and fall ‘in between’ sizes….Smaller n big seatpost I think…

iainc

‘Original’ orange here :

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SimpleDumbPilot
    Free Member

‘Striker orange’ – 5’11” – 16″: 36 vans, v2’s, tubeless; would have got maxle but didn’t want to wait the few weeks this would have entailed.

leeph
    Free Member

Not sure how you post images.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1883003/

Currently has a broken rear hub…….

matt_outandabout

*puts sunglasses on*

niiice orange leeph – not an Orange paint job though…?

Any greens, gold, red or the light blue (like the ST4 on the front page)?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

“niiice orange leeph – not an Orange paint job though…?”

it’s the old Orange Clockwork paint job innit? maybe if you ask Orange Nicely 😉

clareymorris

Passion red for me;-)

clareymorris

Two in one……….

Passion red and Chrome grey

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

nice, but not sure i could live with it.

sexpest
    Free Member

Chrome grey with a matt black rear end

freeform5spot
    Free Member

Going for a custom gangreen powder colour scheme with a specially stensiled back end!

Richyb
    Free Member

Powder Blue

GaryLake
    Free Member

Fools Gold

nunuboogie
    Free Member

White, pure!

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Damn, damn, damn!
    Matt, I’m very disappointed right now. I’d love to contribute to your thread, I really would. However, I can’t for these reasons:
    a) I haven’t yet told my partner that I bought a new bike, so it is stored in a safe, neutral location.
    b) I haven’t yet taken a picture of my bike (due to storage conditions, it’s not used as regular as it should really be)
    c) Due to new forum setup, and my technological ignorance, I would not be sure just how to get any photos of mine transferred for viewing on this forum.

However, what I can tell you is this:- it sat in a shop window back in June, and as I passed the shop my eyes were drawn straight to it. I fell in love immediately. I felt like Garth from Wayne’s World when ‘foxy lady’ walked through the diner. I swore to myself that “One day, she will be mine. Oh Yes, she will be mine”
    Fast fwd to new year’s eve, and I’m in the shop with a cash deposit ready to sign away a certain amount of my income every month for two years. The ex-demo model had been used, but certainly not abused. Her unique (for a Five I’m told) coat shimmered and glimmered as it did that first day we met.

My girl was away for a few days, so I brought the bike home and cared for her, fed her, washed her, and rode her twice – both times on a cold frosty day, under clear ice-blue skies. These conditions showed up her Apple-green covering like a dream, and the sparkly lacquer mesmerised all who saw her.

God-damn, I wanna show you the lot, and I mean everything. The gentle curve of her top-tube, the firmness of her bottom-bracket, even the rear-facing split in her seat-tube. Oooh, I am awful.

I tell you what – if you, or any others can advise me on the best way to take, store and then display pictures on this forum, you shall have a peek at perfection by this time on Tuesday. If the snow lies and the sun shines tomorrow, it will create the perfect canvas on which to expose her beauty.

matt_outandabout

MikeT-23

This colour? I like this one…

Gary_C

MikeT-23,

You’ve got issues mate….. 😉

leeph
    Free Member

Some great colours…..but one great bike.

Fools gold – gets my vote.

v10
    Free Member

New neon green is where its at! My frame is currently at Orange getting redone as we speak, will post some pictures when its back.
    8) << will be needing these

matt_outandabout

neon green n rims?

freeform5spot
    Free Member

nnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

twang
    Free Member

Woohoo…Yeah baby!!! Greentastic!!!

taka
    Free Member

wheres the pink ones =,(

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

that green one looks like its glowing!

speaker2animals

Like Mike Ts green one. I do assume it isn’t just the pic quality that makes it look different to the neon green further on.

Would like to see the fools gold in the flesh. Not sure picture does the subtle colour justice.

v10
    Free Member

The first green one is apple green i think.

That neon green one with the green rims is vile! Ill be running mine with ex1750s which (in my head) i think will look ok!

Weve done 2 custom 5s (1 pro and 1 SE) in the neon green and they look fantastic. The P7s look superb in the new bright colours too.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Matt

That first green 5 – that’s it. Same colour exactly. I was gonna say I’ll sleep comfortably this evening, but then I saw her……that hussy in the neon green. She’s just trying too hard to be noticed. And you know what – it kinda works – nightmares instead.

thanks for that though

jack
    Free Member

(in camo mode)

matt_outandabout

Liking the white (but being a tart it feels sooo 2008… 😉 )

ononeorange

Mike T-23: I thought it was just me who feels like that with my bikes….! Brilliant! Thanks for cheering up my Monday morning!

rOcKeTdOg

i thought you got rid of an orange 5 matt?, you know the saying “never go back”

matt_outandabout

RD, I got rid of it with a tear in my eye after 7.5 wonderful and reliable years….It went as it was really starting to wear out (shock mounts had started ovalising, cable rub was deep in places, headtube had started ovalising etc – and my 13.5st pounding it down the Beast etc was liable to bust it at some point… 🙁

The Niner was a wonderful bike – much better than expected, but a mid travel/all day FS would be good. Tempted by a Prophet or 5 (and) Rize or ST4. 5 looks like the winner at the moment – ST4 you can only get with RLC upgrade, not Float R’s, so making it even pricier…

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Matt, if you were buying an ST4 I’m sure whatever shop you approached they would be willing to provide Rs instead of RLCs and adjust the price accordingly. Although Orange offer decent option packages with their bikes most shops are willing to tailor to suit. Buyers market mate!

nina
    Free Member

get an st4, to be just like moi matty boy

matt_outandabout

You have ST4? pics? Just been working out that Bikeactive do an ST4 Pro, and with an upgrade to RLC’s is only £10 over ‘budget’…..

And for the pink request…

rOcKeTdOg

orange is very much a STW punters brand, not unlike my Trek……bugger

theflatboy
    Free Member

a) I haven’t yet told my partner that I bought a new bike, so it is stored in a safe, neutral location.

😆 brilliant

matt_outandabout

lol

Experience of Orange is they are great – both for bikes and sails….

nina
    Free Member

You have ST4? pics? Just been working out that Bikeactive do an ST4 Pro, and with an upgrade to RLC’s is only £10 over ‘budget’…..

aye, just got the frame on friday, powder blue looks well tasty, wound down pikeys on the front, XT, blah blah. Pics later in the week when all built up

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 – show me you colours…’ is closed to new replies.