Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Online shopping issue – and how do I go about getting a refund
  • chomp
    Free Member

Wifey bought something from http://www.lateststyles.co.uk about 3 weeks ago, and got an automated email advising that the order had been placed successfully and the money was taken out of the account.

Since then order was still showing as ‘pending’ on the‘my account’ section after a week I thought I’d contact them. The email address (support@lateststyles.co.uk) returns an undelivered message, and there’s been no response to my attempts at contacting them through the ‘contact us’ page.

The money was taken through IPS payments

Anyone have any ideas on how I can a) get proper contact info for the owner/business owning the site or b) just force a refund?

Jamie
    Free Member

That site looks dodgy as. No contact number or address, and they seemed to have nicked their shipping info from Wiggle of all places.

if you paid with credit card, then get the money back from your issuer.

druidh
    Free Member

Payments that you make through the Site will be processed by our agent LatestStyles Limited, a company registered in England with number 075356991 (and a company wholly owned by us).

We may use your personal information for opinion and market research. Your details are anonymous and will only be used for statistical purposes and LatestStyles GmbH.

German

ojom
    Free Member

Wow. Shady.

Call your card provider and have them deal with it.

Then initiate Trojan Sequence 15872.56/8

ski
    Free Member

[edit] typo!

toby1

More to the point – what the hell is an IPS payment, if we knew then we might be able to help more.

Flaperon

Direct bank transfer,

chomp
    Free Member

It looks like I might end up having to write this off and ban the wife from buying anything online again 🙄

looks like the domain is registered to a UK individual

Jason Rose
    NY
    United States

Having been to New York a couple of times, I don’t recall seeing any addresses which are a single number.

I’ll keep digging though, in the hope that I can recover this

lunge

That company registration number is for an Aerostructures company in Warrington, LatestStyles Limited is not registered at Companies House at all.

I think you/your wife mayb have been done.

chomp
    Free Member

oh and Co # 075356991 has one too many digits

more and more looking like that’s £55 down the shitter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Online shopping issue – and how do I go about getting a refund’ is closed to new replies.