Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • One in the eye.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I managed to get something in my eye this morning and it doesn’t seem to want to go. I think it’s a bit of grit but it just won’t go.
    Is it likely to go on its own or do I (or a medical professional) have to start sticking things up there to fish it out?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Stanley blade should do it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can you fold your eyelid back and pick it out?

I ended up having to get an NHS professional to do this for me, when I saw the bit of grit, sharp pointy bit stuck into the eyelid… was no way it was coming out on it’s own, not even after 24 hrs of major discomfort.

trailmonkey

tbh if its still feels like there’s something in there after all this time then it might actually be a scratch.

i’d go to a&e in the a.m and get it checked out.

druidh
    Free Member

DickBarton

Which eye? I’m asking as you say ‘up there’ rather than in there…so which one? Seeing or doing eye?

druidh
    Free Member

DickBarton – Member
    Which eye? I’m asking as you say ‘up there’ rather than in there…so which one? Seeing or doing eye?

😯

maxray
    Free Member

Lol 😀 a gritty ass!

donsimon
    Free Member

Seeing or doing eye?

😆

Thanks Al, I’m feeling the love.

Stoner
    Free Member

Had something like that one evening commuting across London.
    Didnt clear, felt irritated under the eyelid all evening//night.

Popped in to the Eye Hospital next morning, and the doctor chappie said I had a metal shard that had ben in my eye, probably thrown up from the street while cycling, (i had dislodged something with a cotton bud that evening) but even though it had gone, the rust created by it while it was jammed in my eyeball, was aggravating my eyelid.

He used a vacuum pencil/brush to remove the rust from my eyeball. Worked a treat.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Lift your upper lid ( using the eyelashes) and overlap it over the lower lid let go then blink.

Or fill an eggcup with water put it over your eye tip your head back and blink a lot

Or go to minor injuries clinic / a&e in the morning – don’t go to A&E now – it will be full of drunks

Junkyard
    Free Member

if it has not come out yet then no IMHO

Bertie finished today but no verdict till the new year.
    Whatever the result see you on the thread

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

If it feels like it is still there, it probably is still there, espescially if you can feel it moving against the inside of your eyelid when your eyes are closed. Do not go digging around yourself. If it doesn’t wash out easily A&E tonight, or at the latest tomorrow morning.

donsimon
    Free Member

Cheers all, except funny-al.
    Junky, I was following it this week, see hear. The butcher was from Irún, so he’ll not have done Bertie any favours. 😉

EDIT: Is someone calling me a c*** behind my back? 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

Blimey it must getting to you.

donsimon
    Free Member

Blimey it must getting to you.

What is cocker?

falkirk-mark

15 years ago I had a doctor using the burr in my eye at Glasgow eye Infirmary.I was treated by a gp from Aberdeen on a training day and the burr kept stopping through lack of power.I suggested a new battery and she asked if that was what powered it (no leads or hoses) I thought to myself what do you think powers it you silly bitch. Then the eye doctor that was overseeing took over and she had it out in seconds with no pain.HTH

donsimon
    Free Member

The Stanley blade seems to have worked. Any ideas on how to stop the bleeding?
    To be honest, I wouldn’t have thought that this was anywhere near an A&E injury, live and learn.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junky, I was following it this week, see hear. The butcher was from Irún, so he’ll not have done Bertie any favours

not just me who missed it then 😛

donsimon
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘One in the eye.’ is closed to new replies.