Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • One for the IT experts-No funstioning sound card.
  • hopster
    Free Member

just installed Windows 7 and everything is fine except the soundcard no longer works. Windows automatically installed an update and whilst the socket in the front of the computer works the rear ones no longer do.

Can anybody shed any light?

Cheers

tragically1969
    Free Member

Just a guess but your soundcard might not be Windows 7 compatible, check on the manufacturers website for a driver.

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

try seeing if you can run the driver in xp mode

hopster
    Free Member

Just a guess but your soundcard might not be Windows 7 compatible, check on the manufacturers website for a driver.

Ran the windows 7 advisor and it didn't pick it up so I assumed it wouldn't be a problem. Sound max website is under construction. Does anyone know where I might find the drivers for a integrated card on my Dell 8300 desktop?

ChristoGinger – Member

try seeing if you can run the driver in xp mode

Only have home premium so no XP mode.

BigJohn

I had a similar problem (and was just going to post on here) and found that one of the jack sockets at the back had got configured as rear speakers and the other as front speakers. Because my speakers were plugged into the rear jack only I could hear anything played through iTunes and Media player but not Internet Explorer. I switched socket now everything is fine.

hopster
    Free Member

BigJohn – Member

I had a similar problem (and was just going to post on here) and found that one of the jack sockets at the back had got configured as rear speakers and the other as front speakers. Because my speakers were plugged into the rear jack only I could hear anything played through iTunes and Media player but not Internet Explorer. I switched socket now everything is fine

Yep the jacks seem to have been reconfigured. Its working through a different one now.

Cheers

tragically1969
    Free Member

You will have to use whatever is on the Dell website

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘One for the IT experts-No funstioning sound card.’ is closed to new replies.