Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • one for the 29er squad to enjoy……
  • legend
    Free Member
    singlecrack
    Free Member

They’ll never catch on … 😉

julioflo
    Free Member

Interesting stuff.
    I did a back to back experiment at the weekend, my Bro in law’s new Giant XTC29er hardtail versus my Cannondale Rush. We rode the Verderer’s trail and the older Red run at the FOD.

Normally i’m faster than Eddie [Bro in Law], but on his new 29er he was keeping up. If he got in front, I had to work harder than normal to keep up. He was either fitter than ever, or the 29er was fast.
    Then I tried the 29er and I was pulling away from him and putting distance on him with ease! Found I wasn’t thinking about how to ride over roots any more and the 29er was urging me to go faster and pedal more. When I returned to the Rush, it felt sluggish to climb.

Crikey. Proof [to me] that a 29er hardtail is a quicker bike than a 26″ 100mm xc bike…

But the 29er felt a bit odd. Bars bit too high and the whole bike felt tall. I felt much more confident in a rag the bike over jumps kind of way on the Rush. [But it didn;t stop me getting the Giant airbone a little too] BUT i guess i could get used to that….do i need to rethink my XC bike into a 29er….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘one for the 29er squad to enjoy……’ is closed to new replies.