Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • one for all you know it alls – passport content
  • headsup-spam
    Free Member

when entering / exiting turkey, can I request that my passport is not stamped?

that is all!

Drac

Yeah I’m sure you can request but they’ll probably refuse.

vinnyeh

Many years ago I used a separate piece of paper to get a stamp when visiting Israel, but nowadays there’s no reason really to stamp passports. You can always replace the passport afterwards.

What countries don’t like Turkish stamps?

-m-
    Free Member

The visa-on-arrival gives you unlimited entry/exit for 3 months (assuming it’s a UK passport you’re talking about). They stick a small sticker on one page of your passport and will then – generally speaking – stamp entry and exit on that page.

Most immigration officers in most airports will actually be pretty co-operative if you want/need them to stamp particular pages…although there are always exceptions!

EDIT: Having had a look I reckon you could get at least 8 entry/exit stamps for Tukey on the visa page with a bit of imagination.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Of course, the key question here is, “Why?”

bigyinn
    Free Member

+1 for why?

iDave
    Free Member

Summer hols booked in Cyprus?

vinnyeh

just dont want the passport to get full of stamps!

🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My passport has been beaten to a pulp in recent months with passport stamps, including one from Turkey. I’ve never had a single problem with forward travel to other countries in the area. So, again – Why?

xcgb
    Free Member

If it is Cyprus you are concerned about the situation is a lot better than it used to be so shouldn’t be a problem now ( i visit a lot as i have relations there)

Turkey are supposed to sort the cyprus situation before they can enter the EU (if they want to now!) so things have eased on both sides

5lab

I drove down to turkey then got the boat across to north cyprus then down to south cyprus a couple of years ago. Didn’t have the slightest problem with passport stamps. I don’t think you need to avoid the stamp – its not like israel or armenia

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘one for all you know it alls – passport content’ is closed to new replies.