Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • On-One/Planet-X
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Those useless buggers. They’ve never once managed to give me poor service and I’m feeling quite left out.

I shall just have to continue to buy their frankly excellent products at excellent prices and receive their excellent service.

If anyone else wants to join me, feel free.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ahh. The ‘ol STW switcheroo.

MSP

excellent products

They sell functional cheap frames, not slating that, but a bit of realism is in order.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Just thought I’d try and re-address the balance of happy customers vs moaning b!tches. Which there seems to be a lot of on here.

The other month it was cool to hate CRC. This month its OO/PX. Who next month?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

In my eyes, a cheap and functional product is excellent? No?

I’ve had as much fun on 2 On-One frames as I have done on many costing 2 or 3 times more.

Jamie
    Free Member

The other month it was cool to hate CRC. This month its OO/PX. Who next month?

I think you find CRC get slated every month.

reevil
    Free Member

Having purchased (all at different times for different bikes) a frame, forks, bars, stem, wheels, chain & prob other stuff too over a period of a year or two I must say that I too think they are useless buggers offering excellent products at excellent prices with excellent service.

I feel I shall have to continue to use them as I’ve not yet experienced all this nonsense everyone else is going on about either.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just thought I’d try and re-address the balance of happy customers vs moaning b!tches. Which there seems to be a lot of on here.

Hang on a sec. So if someone has a problem, and in some case it seems they genuinely have, they are automatically moaning bitches?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ll have you know I ordered a seatpost from them on monday night.
    the email confirming dispatch arrived 6am on wednesday, the seatpost arrived 3 hours later.
    And, infuriatingly, It was the right one!
    (Unlike the one I’d previously ordered from our friends on the emerald isle)

MSP

I’ve had as much fun on 2 On-One frames as I have done on many costing 2 or 3 times more.

No, better frames are available, much better frames are available, but they cost much more.

I had a 456 thought it was crap, couldn’t believe the reality compared to the religious worshipping of the cult of Brant on here.

plumber
    Free Member

In the last 6-7 years I’ve had 4 complete bike and 1 frames plus various other odds and ends

Never had an issue with price/quality/delivery

some people just feel the need to complain rather than just riding their bikes

My 853 frames came with shit paint as expected,it saved me the hassle of scraping it off my self – bounders and cads that they are

Plum

neil853
    Free Member

by far the quickest service from everyone I use. Never had a problem yet.

brant
    Free Member

cult of Brant on here.

hey… oh… sorry, you said CULT.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

People seem only too happy to jump on the bandwagon. Especially the CRC one… “I received my order a week after I ordered it” was something I saw posted in one of the many threads about CRC being ‘rubbish’. What? you waited a week for an order from an online store? Un-fkn-believable.

And On-One. Fella orders a frame and then a week later they have a sale and then complains about it? Get away…

That kinda thing I’d just put down as a life experience. I wouldn’t go complaining to the company or start a slating on a forum.

Too many people are happy to criticise and not enough are willing to report good service when they get it.

Another example. We’ve just ordered a new kitchen. My parents are also from a different company and when I told them who we were going with, I got the response “oooo, we’ve read some reviews online who said they weren’t very good”. The compnay in question supplied tens of thousands of kitchens last year. Where are all the good reviews? Exactly… People are happy with what they got and continue with their lives, happy.

Jamie
    Free Member

I wonder which bit set of the Google alert, cult or brant 8)

khani
    Free Member

OMG!!! 😯 how many threads now? Just rename the place ononetrackworld why don’t you….
    “they’re crap!! “No they’re not…yes they are..no..yes..no..yes..no..yes..no..yes..no”…AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!…..
    It’s getting tedious now.. 😥 five threads just on the front page at the mo, there should be a sticky on one thread….

loum
    Free Member

I wouldn’t go complaining to the company or start a slating on a forum.

The evidence suggests otherwise, you’re already starting forum threads about things that may leave you slightly miffed. Just a matter of time 🙄

RustySpanner

I nearly ran over Brant in Hebden a few weeks ago.
    He really should pay more attention to traffic approaching from the right when sprinting to the Co-Op.

Not really relevant, but I was feeling a bit left out.

Oh, bought some helmets and a book from On One once.
    Helmets were fine, but the book was a bit boring.

Ta.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Not sure if you’ve noticed but this isnt a thread slating a company? Quite the opposite?

phil56

Because a bad experience causes outrage, and the need to vent, it is useful to address the balance.
    Good experiences cause a warm glow, but no need to vent – for example, I wouldn’t have bothered sharing this-

I bought a wheel set for my daughters super bling build, but somehow managed to lose the rear axle! Phoned On One yesterday to ask if they were available to buy separately, but they’re not. So the guy went down to the warehouse and found one – and insisted on sending it to me free of charge!
    Oh – and just for balance. I’ve never had anything other than great service from CRC either.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

I’ve bought various bits and pieces from CRC, On-One and Superstar…I’ve been happy with all of them so far. Good prices and quick delivery

teasel
    Free Member

No, better frames are available, much better frames are available, but they cost much more.

I think the point he’s making is the low price of a ‘functional’ frame is part of what constitutes his definition of excellent.

khani
    Free Member

Seven threads on the front page..

oh what to do – bike buying dilema – Yeti/Intense/Turner or Lapierre/Trek etc et 34 campfreddie 1 second
    On One 456, Acceptable paint finish or faulty? 34 nmdbase 24 seconds
    Jey boy brakes – Formula R1 or Hope Evo Race X2 6 chillidave 1 minute
    On-One Lurcher 1 AndrewJ 2 minutes
    Which goggles? 17 patriotpro 3 minutes
    Planet X – dodgy trading practices? – 23 96 KungFuPanda 3 minutes
    Waterproof trousers – your recomendations please 8 ir_bandito 3 minutes
    Benefits of an Energy Bar over the likes of a Snickers?! – 2 47 DJ 4 minutes
    Riding near Abersoch? 5 SiB 4 minutes
    Anyone organised a ‘Mates Race’? please help with ideas 6 marionheck 5 minutes
    If you could manage 100 miles in 6 hours…… 7 monksie 8 minutes
    Shoe fit – heel lift 6 fontmoss 9 minutes
    Orange 5 tyres for this weather ! 25 reedspeed 11 minutes
    Old School Rave- Show me your best – 2345 148 BenHouldsworth 12 minutes
    Garage Security – What Alarm 1 MRanger156 19 minutes
    On-One/Planet-X 22 DaveyBoyWonder 19 minutes
    Heckler creak… 14 toys19 20 minutes
    what’s a good UST front tyre for the Alps? 14 reggiegasket 26 minutes
    cutting carbon steerers? 5 organic355 30 minutes
    Cornwall Trails? Anything I shouldn’t miss? 14 Mugboo 30 minutes
    What Mountainbiking for my Tyres? 21 kayak23 31 minutes
    Strava adiction – 23…678 266 dobo 32 minutes
    Juicy 5 re build or new brakes 4 yowser 32 minutes
    Emotional evening trying to service Rear Pro II Hub 10 Freester 34 minutes
    Driving traffic to website with products no longer in stock 3 jwmlee 34 minutes
    Anyone using a HOPE bash guard? 30 cruzheckler 36 minutes
    Battleship, the film 21 esselgruntfuttock 37 minutes
    this is the FFS stop moaning about on one / PX post 20 ciderinsport 38 minutes
    On One Carbon 456 seat tube restriction. 18 dantsw13 39 minutes
    Gripped by indecision… more travel or better stoppers ? 23 larrystumbles 40 minutes
    Yeti ASR5 size debate 18 stureid60 40 minutes
    Evans in Nottingham – anyone had them service a bike? 20 MoreCashThanDash 45 minutes
    On-One Frame sale 31 00soppd 46 minutes
    awesome video footage 7 jedi 50 minutes
    How much does a fully trained bike mechanic earn a year? – 234 111 patriotpro 52 minutes
    Garmin Edge 800. Worth it for MTBing? 22 fervouredimage 57 minutes
    Irina Kalentieva 3 thered 58 minutes
    PSA: Holcombe Moor Firing Programme, Ramsbottom 3 MadBillMcMad 59 minutes
    Which rear shock upgrade for my 2009 stumpy FSR? 6 pfrumpy 1 hour
    Dead spot / knocking on Fox RL32 forks 2 Dimmadan 1 hour
    idiet recipe’s please. 19 ton 1 hour
    Forest of Dean conditions this weekend (aka what tyres for)? 6 chiefgrooveguru 1 hour
    HT or FS 29er? 9 teadrinker 1 hour
    Derby 5 remedy 1 hour
    Olympic Park to Manchester Velodrome In 1 Day. Who’s coming? Win A TV!

SEVEN!!! 😯

ton

Dave, i have never had shyte service from em either………or CRC…….the bastids……. 😆

Tiger6791

Here’s an picture of my Scandal

It’s awesome.
    It’s got paint on it
    It turned up on time
    It’s a great bike

It’s got huge 203 discs with Avid BB7s – cause they were proper cheap (like £30 or something)
    It’s got Recon Forks – I only paid £99 for them 😐

Best of All – It’s got Yorkshire written on the back

It’s a great bike created for a great price!

On-one are very good in my book

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

khani, its because you keep bumping it to the top!

The Yorkshire thing has something to do with it being awesome too.
    If they were from the south (or even worse, Lancashire), they’d automatically be pants.

muddyground
    Free Member

In the spirit of the forum I have a Pace RC303 that refuses to have a crack in the seat tube – really Pace, sort yourselves out!

khani
    Free Member

Wot you mean bumping it to the top?…..

😳

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

hahaha.

Pace – don’t get me started on Pace. Lovely stuff. My RC39s (and my old RC41s before I sold them) are lovely forks and haven’t broken yet. Added to the fact that the people at Pace themselves are some of the nicest people you’d wish to meet.

muddyground
    Free Member

RC40’s with many thousands of miles up still going strong. What’s gives? Pull your socks up Pace.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

We should be concentrating on the real enemy…PIGEONS!!!, they hang around in gangs, strut around like they own the place and poo all over my car…barstewards

lunge

They are my new go to web shop.

I had a warranty problem with some tyres, not only did they fix the problem they did so quickly with minimal fuss disgraceful.

millcar
    Free Member

In the spirit of the OP, original order, error made, something not included which i’d paid for…

One phone call, 2 emails, sorted.

“On-One/Planet-X give excellent customer service – Shocker!!!!”

Thanks Chris and customer services at Planet X!!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘On-One/Planet-X’ is closed to new replies.