Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • on one / planet x merino stuff
  • charliemort

any good or shrink-a-dink? (as in shrinks in wash)

what’s sizing like (46 / 47 chest; 37 waist – XL or XXL?

ttfn!

jamiep
    Free Member

they are certainly fitted so i’d go the size up if you’re unsure. dunno about shrinkage cos i only handwash them, which has been fine

mttm
    Free Member

Machine washed a long sleeve jersey (delicate wash cycle, cool wash) – okay the first time, second time not so good. Now fits a very small person…

malibu_babe_28
    Free Member

I found the merino base layers were fine, but the big logoed top shrank hopelessly in a 40 degree wash. Totally unwearable now. I know it says handwash on the label, but I washed it with all our other merino gear and everything else was A-OK. Have to say that the Twin Six merinos have been impeccable by comparison (but twice the price).

singletracksurfer

mine shrank after about the 3rd (30 degree) wash – in wash with all my other merino stuff which was fine 🙁

My mates one went in first wash, from medium to 5yr old – my son has it now. The arms didn’t shrink as much as the rest did though 🙁

lucien

1st wash, major shrinkage – doesn’t fit, it’s in the bin and chalked up to not reading the label on my part

Milt
    Free Member

bought the 3 pack deal a couple of months ago. washed the baselayers about 15 times between them on 40c with no problem. Similar to the endura baa baa stuff, not as soft as Howies though.

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, don’t machine wash.

Mini Jersey by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

flashes
    Free Member

I am a small person in search of a merino top

mboy
    Free Member

Bought a Medium long sleeve top in Green a while back. VERY tight fitting to start, but I could just about get into it. Should have bought a size up.

Anyway, one wash (30 degrees) it shrunk a bit. So I gave it to my Girlfriend who’s a size 8. Another wash later, and well… It no longer fits her even! It’d be about the right size if one of our cats got cold and needed an extra layer… 😕

mooman
    Free Member

I guess I `m not alone with the on-one shrinkage .. 1st time it was washed and didnt shrink at all .. 2nd time it shrank very slightly … 3rd wash …. pretty sure its the top that Samuri has posted 😥

It was my favourite top also..

ransos
    Free Member

I have the base layer bundle. Fit is quite snug – I went for medium, and I usually take a small for t-shirts. Oddly, my “big logo” top hasn’t shrunk at all, despite numerous machine washes.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Also have the base layer bundle and no problems with shrinkage after a couple of washes.

rj
    Free Member

Got one of the cardi type things, it’s fine, hasn’t shrunk despite my devil may care attitude to chucking it in the washing machine.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Got the base layer bundle and no shinkage at 30 degrees after several washes. Great tops, i’m impressed and i’m quite fussy when it comes to this sort of thing. I had to size up as they are fitted but also narrow. Had to get the XL for my shoulders mainly. If you’re not sure about your size, go up. Nice and long in body and arms. Well worth it!

MaryHinge
    Free Member

If you iron them with lots of steam and stretch them while ironing, they normally get back into shape. You have to give it loads of steam and loads of stretch.

This worked with my Icebreaker that went in a 60 degree by accident. Didn’t work for my bargain CragHoppers one that wouldn’t have fit a 5 year old but said XL on the label!

rOcKeTdOg

40degree wash about 10 times for my long sleeve big logo one, no shrinkage at all….kiss of death now though probably

Haze

Wish I’d have seen this thread earlier!

aracer
    Free Member

I have a short sleeve base in small – is a little snugger than other stuff I own, but not too bad. Has survived 3 or 4 machine washes (30 degree delicate cycle) so far – if anything it feels a little less snug than originally.

Haze

1st ever wash after last nights ride, 30 degrees as usual with all my riding kit.

Just hanging stuff up to dry when I noticed it looked tiny!

xcentric
    Free Member

aaargh, got a reverb on order from them – it’ll be a nightmare if it rains……

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

I’ve got three – short andlong sleeve base layer and an On One logo jersey. All three are hand washed only (as are all the wool jerseys inour house)Wear them all the time. All three are stillin tip top condition (infact I’ve got the long sleeve base layer on now – mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Merino !!!!!

the_lecht_rocks

it’s simply got to be icebreaker !

i have an old base layer which has skied all 4 continents for weeks on end, been motorcycling all round europe and still gets used mtb’ing.

machine wash with normal detergent every so often and their kit just keeps on working.

expense forgotten when quality remains tbh.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘on one / planet x merino stuff’ is closed to new replies.