Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • On-One Codeine 27.5 Frame £377 from On One.Should I?
  • jfb01
    Free Member

On One are selling the On-One Codeine 27.5 Frame C/W Marzocchi 53 S3C2R rear air shock & Maxale.I am very tempted.Any reason not to.It seems like a mega deal.
    Any comments & experience of this frame please.

coomber
    Free Member

The 29er was always well reviewed except a tad heavy and not the longest.

For the price (I had to double check you were right!) that’s an absolute bargain I would have said.

jfb01
    Free Member

Hi Coomber,I am long in the leg & short in the body,so TT length is not an issue.Checked the price of the shock & it was £100 more than the complete deal OO is offering.I was just hoping some one had one & could give me some feed back.

scandal42
    Free Member

That is incredible value

ahwiles
    Free Member

(29er version)

mine seems well made – the welding seems neat and regular (i don’t have Xray vision to see inside the welds). And ‘straight’ – all the links moved nicely with the shock removed.

the paint hasn’t fallen off

the seat-tube is a perfect-fit 31.6 (no wizard’s sleeve technology)

it’s no XC racer, but it climbs well, and descends better.

some might say it’s heavy, i prefer to think of it as reassuringly sturdy…

i’d happily buy another.

jfb01
    Free Member

Thanks Ahwiles, that is reassuring.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hope you got your order in before they jacked the price up to £610.

thepodge
    Free Member

haha and they boast about no nonsense pricing

jfb01
    Free Member

Hi Chakaping,yes skin of the teeth job,but got the full 58% discount.Happy bunny.
    Cheers
    Jeff

flaps
    Free Member

Did well there then, now showing at £610 again.

jfb01
    Free Member

Thanks Flaps,I would have kicked myself if I had missed it.Just got to wait until September for it to arrive.If any one has one & would like to write a review on them & the components they used for their build,that would be great.
    Cheers
    Jeff

chakaping
    Free Member

Glad you bit the bullet and ordered in time. Make sure you report back when you’ve ridden it.

superstu
    Free Member

Well done that’s a bargain, just paid £50 for a maxle!

andyl
    Free Member

I was just going to add order quick before the price jumps up and then saw it did but you did. They are crafty like that.

I have been meaning to order some swapouts for my C456 frame to move the rear brake but at £20 + £4 postage they are eye wateringly expensive. Spotted them for £2 each yesterday along with their tyres for £13 so ended up stocking up! The £2 rear lights are okay too for the money. Just use some vaseline or silicone grease to keep them sealed.

Lester
    Free Member

If anyone doesn’t like it let me know, I was too late too !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘On-One Codeine 27.5 Frame £377 from On One.Should I?’ is closed to new replies.