Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • On-One carbon 29er
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Any-one riding one, and waddya think?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I don’t think there’s more than one or two test samples in the country yet….. 🙂

bonesetter
    Free Member

This month’s WMB says it’s the DB’s

tk46hal
    Free Member

Why carbon when the scandal 29er is so light, strong and affordable?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cos it’s lighter and stronger?

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I have a sample & it flys very comfy,its was 22.5 lb with my winter crap on,have just stripped it so i can put all my nice new bits on i think it will then be around 20/21 lb

tk46hal
    Free Member

Milky, is that 20/21 with gears and hope stuff, suspension fork etc?

Send some pictures when you’ve done!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

They have one built up in the showroom at On One and it looks immense.
    Super freaky mega immense. 8)
    And a little bit like how you’d draw a “bicycle of the future” at playschool…

Give me 26″ wheels anyday (on a mountain bike) but I can sort of see the attraction if it’s what you’re after. The pictures on the web don’t really do it justice. I reckon it would freak your competitors out on the startline before you’ve even turned a pedal!

Seems you can order frame or bike on the site at the mo too.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Gosh!!!
    I’ve just looked on On One’s site at the carbon 29er bike. Too modern for me. Old and set in my ways!

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i’m hanging on for the ‘lurcher’ carbon 29er with swap-outs apparently available April/May this year……

votchy
    Free Member

Why carbon when the scandal 29er is so light, strong and affordable?

Because the OP spends more money on bikes than I earn in a year 😉

tazzymtb

bonesetter I’ve got all the info regarding frame geometry, sizing prices and import duties on those chinese carbon 29ers which also come with a 2 year warranty and full CEN certification. I’ve also found a supplier for BB30 EBB’s so it can could be run as gearie or ss at silly weights. The frame has appeared at sea otter with various companies logos on it and seems to normally retail for around $1400.00

1100g frame (17.5) and 500g fork into the uk for about £500 including shipping and import duty n Vat.

email me if you want all the links, contacts etc..

Frames will apparently be ready for dispatch in early Feb

MrTall
    Free Member

Tazzy, what sizes do the Chinese frames come in. I’m guessing there’s no 21″ sizes available? Cheers

tazzymtb

19″ is the biggest I’ve seen from the supplier I’m dealing with, but I’m waiting for some info from another couple of companies regarding different frame designs, on of which looks just like the spesh 29er ss 😉 so may well be available in a larger size. I’ll let you know what turns up

MrTall
    Free Member

I’d appreciate it, cheers Tazzy.

tazzymtb

tell a lie I’ve just double checked the spreadsheet, they do a 21″!!

is your email in ya profile, I’ll chuck all the info over

daveplanetx
    Free Member

oops

daveplanetx
    Free Member

The lurcher carbon 29er will be circa 499 pounds so for the sake of a little wait youll be getting a designed in yorkshire by on-one (by a kiwi and a belgian bloke) frame for the same or even less ! togethor with swapout dropouts plus backup by a company thats been around for 20 plus years .

The 500 pound carbon chinese open mold direct import also should technically be subject to a lovely 48.5% anti dumping duty if the correct customs code is used , and if it isnt used then better hope george osborne doesnt read singletrack cos believe me HMCE are well and truly after filling their coffers . So theres a high risk of another 200 pounds or so more tax to pay .

tazzymtb

are you doing a nude version of the lurcher or will it be covered in the playschool graphics like the race version? 😉

the chinese 500 (ish) quid package includes the fork as well and the shipping and the duty as calculated based on the coding, insurance and value of the item plus the VAT so it’s not quite as you rightly explain to big up your own commercial business (not that I blame you) 😀

bonesetter
    Free Member

Tazz – looks very tempting. I’ll have a closer look over the weekend and decide if that’s OK. Thanks

tazzymtb

bonesetter- I’m not going to be making any descisions yet, just doing lots of homework, unitl some funds become available. TBH the chinese carbon sold by on-one lurcher may be an option, but for the extra weight of it compared the race frame I may just stick with my scandal for SS and get a niner for 1×9 racey duties.

tazzymtb

Having looked at the HMRC it seems unlikely that the ADD would be applied for single items as all ADmeasure listed have been against large commercial imports that would deleterious to businesses in the EC.

If the frames are undecorated or with no logo’s my understanding of the regulation is that it would count as a unfinished item or sample, so neatly bodyswearving the who thing and HMRC would be unlikely to instigate a costly investigation for one frame. Interestingly that other on-one folks have used this line about competition from carbon frame imports on other cycling forums as well. 😆

tazzymtb

Anti dumping duty is applied where items may be imported into the ec at less than market value, if certain uk companies are knocking out carbon frames for around 400 pounds then a chinese import to the door will be comparable in value if not slightly more expensive then they are getting them for before pre markup so it would appear to be a bit of smoke screen mr on-one/planet x

Roblilly
    Free Member

Why anti dumping at 48.5%? please explain!

keavo
    Free Member

ordered one, so i’ll let you know what i think of it in due course. it will be a while though. if its good enough i’ll probably get a lucher too:-)

ir_bandito
    Free Member

tazzy – are you taking about the teambeer BB30-EBB converters?

and can you send me info about the carbon frames please! Email in my profile…

matt_outandabout

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

rOcKeTdOg

love the back end, hate the front

c_klein87

looks awesome much nicer than the matte prototypes!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Bloody hell, you’re doing a lot to change my opinion about plastic bikes.

krixmeister

Wondering if anyone has received their On One Carbon 29er yet, that was pre-ordered? I pre-ordered the complete bike in January – received an email about a week and a half ago that the frames were supposed to be arriving in the UK last week. Hopefully they are in now, and starting to get shipped out to customers – certainly looking forward to mine.

cossyrush
    Free Member

I’ve got one on order also, but I think I’ll be in the 2nd batch of bikes, hopefully at the end of the month.
    Will be interested to hear what you think when you’ve got yours.

UnderTheWood
    Free Member

The frames (well the 1st batch at least) are here.
    My cousin ordered a frame before Christmas and was waving the thing under my nose yesterday.
    Looked very nice!

cossyrush
    Free Member

So hopefully my wait will be over shortly, I ordered a full bike end of Jan.
    This will be my first experience of 29ers so I’m hoping it will be good.
    Like Krixmeister I would be interested to hear from anyone who gets a complete bike.

zippyland
    Free Member

Ordered one early January, almost as soon as the complete FRM bike got available online.

I was told they received a first batch from Taiwan somewhere last week, but a number of frames got damaged during transport.

I was also told that 2nd batch should be arriving @OO office today or tomorrow but no news yet..

Communication is really lousy to my opinion. I called a few times, only untill March 4th I didn’t receive any “spontaneous” communication at all. It sucks to have people sign up for this amount of cash and then have ’em wait for two months without any notice.

Really hope the bike makes up for this. I wouldn’t pre-order with OO again anyway, as I hate to wait and not know anything.

Only way to get a decent update is to call. Response on emails is way below par to my regret. Those who respond don’t know about the bike, those who know don’t respond. So just call ’em if you need to know.

krixmeister

Zippyland-

Agree completely. Have been very happy with previous On One products and customer service, but communications during this pre-order process have been pretty poor from On One.
    Hopefully the bike, whenever it arrives, will live up to my high expectations and previous great On One experiences.

cossyrush
    Free Member

Hi Guys
    Anyone got their bike yet?
    Or been told when to expect it.
    Cheers
    Ben

zippyland
    Free Member

Nope, nothing here.

Called OO yesterday, seems as if the 2nd batch of frames is in, but now they are waiting for all the FRM stuff to arrive. Which sounds a bit strange to me, as the frames are delayed now for over two months. So how can it be that components are not in yet? My boss would kick my ass really hard if I would non-manage my projects like that ;o)

The responsible person wasn’t in yesterday, his colleague on the phone promised me to put something on email before days end, but he didn’t. How surprising ;o) I’ll have to call again today as it seems….it’s hard work, selling bikes hahaha…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘On-One carbon 29er’ is closed to new replies.