Home Forums Bike Forum On one. blooming fantastic.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • On one. blooming fantastic.
  • ton

after owning in the past, every nearly concievable type of bike i decided to go back to basics.
    cheap and cheerfull, i decided to buy a 456 frame to build up into a canalside pootle bike.
    onto the on one website, £169 for a glow in the dark green frame. order placed, sit back and wait………4 days later, no bike.
    phoned em up and told there had been a cock up….no illuminous green 20” frames left, but you can have a salt n vinager blue for the same price.
    result…….and fantastic servvice i reckon.
    picked the frame up today…………..how do on one sell such a fantastic piece of kit for so little dosh.
    and it set me thinking………….surely we are all being ripped off by bike companies and their extortionate prices.
    a couple of years ago i bought a frame and shock for £1650 and thinking about it now, i feel like a idiot for buying into the sales and marketing rubbish that bike companies push.

so on one………..thanks for great service, a great piece of kit, and most of all, for opening my eyes a bit…………. :D

stanfree
    Free Member

I got a Salt ‘n Vinegar one from Coastkid for £100 and only 6 rides old. :D Very good frames indeed .

parling
    Free Member

got the 456 summer season best bike ive ever had goes down hill better than a spesh enduro

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I love on-ones, I’ve had two in the past and can’t moan one little bit about them. Just built the nipper her first one up and to be honest I am regretting selling my “that blue” one. :(

My daughters new toy… :D

Kevevs
    Free Member

Nice! Your daughter is a seriously lucky young lady!

sv
    Free Member

Your daughter is a seriously lucky young lady!

Apart from the lawn she has to play on :-)

(former owner of two geared Inbreds, geared 853, 456 and now a slot inbred owner)

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Apart from the lawn she has to play on

Far too busy playing on bikes to be arsed with lawn cutting don’t ya know. :wink:

bigsi
    Free Member

Please stop it before i buy a new Scandal :oops: 8O

Stoner
    Free Member

+ an inbred 2x pompinos and a 456 in the shed.

I like On-ones.

I got my first (s/h frame) inbred nearly 10 years ago to replace my first ever HT (A trek 4300) and it was a relative epiphany. Since then Ive had faith in the On-One design and business ethos and it’s served me well. From the Pompinos for Mrs S and I to tour the continent on for a few months, to a good value HT for Mrs S and my first 29er. Ive never sold an On-One frame as it seems silly to let a frame so useful and versatile go for such a silly low price. If they’re not being ridden today, they will be again one day (The inbred is now the xtracycle pub/school run bike)m and if not by me then my sons one day or maybe just a pub bike for a friend.
    My current ride (the Ti29er) is I think a truly amazing riding bike and those that throw their leg over it are pretty much blown away by it too.

Pub bike inbred:

MountainMutant
    Free Member

See…if it was me I’d be pissed that on one didn’t ring to say there were no frames left/a cock up instead of waiting for you to ring.

awesom-o
    Free Member

plus 1 ton…I was aiming for a 456 before getting caught up in the 29er thing and spent a lot more cash building one up. I don’t hate the 29er but after picking up a slightly battered red 456 frame for peanuts on these forums and building up a bombproof bike with bargain bits and spares it leaves me wondering why I spent so much on the new build in the first place. The 456/Pike combo is awesome! Seems like a lot of bike for not much money. :wink:

druidh
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for them to contact me and tell me that the frame I ordered 6 weeks ago and which they’ve now missed two target dates for has been further delayed and now won’t be with me until the end of the month (maybe). They simply have no concept of what customer service is.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘On one. blooming fantastic.’ is closed to new replies.