• This topic has 144 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by rone.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 145 total)
  • OMG – Line of Duty returns! (Will contain spoilers!)
  • DezB
    Free Member

He’ll probably leap up the stairs and batter “balaclava man” with his own baseball bat, as blood and brains leak from the back of his skull.

martinhutch

Given the amount of blood they had pooling out of a woman who was then able to overpower a bloke lowering a reciprocating saw a couple of mm from her face, I wouldn’t write him off just yet.

DezB
    Free Member

@martinhutch – I like how you’ve combined 2 of my posts into 1 there. Ta. 😉

retro83
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Unfortunately this series is just stretching credibility too far. So many stupid plot holes…
    Last we saw a woman was recovering from being knocked unconscious, with a blade cm from her face… next she’s overpowered and killed the bloke…

No, we don’t know that’s what happened.

fisha – Member
    Bring in a new character can only mean killing another off.

That’s what they want you to think 8)

atlaz
    Free Member

Line of Duty already did “disguised criminal throwing police officer to their death” so my money on Stevo being alive still. But in a wheelchair. With a glass eye. Sort of Ironside meets Columbo.

rene59
    Free Member

He’s as dead as the show is.

cinnamon_girl

Should have called it a day after that stupid ending of the previous series. 😐

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Banal . Waited a while for a chance to use that word but totally appropriate in this case .

IHN

I’m still just hanging on waiting for Thandie’s sidekick to throw off her specs, shake out her hair and transform into a swan-siren..

Back of the queue, sunshine.

chestrockwell

Think it’s as good as it has ever been tbh. Great stuff!

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

I give up.

Suspense for the sake of suspense.

white101

Otherjonv IHN, that’s my cousin I shall tell her she has something of a middle aged fan club

IHN

How do you know I’m middle aged?

I’m young at heart 🙂

theotherjonv

It was more a comment on the lookalike potential, but if you want to weird her out absolutely then feel free.

IHN is clearly besotted though.

And how do you know we’re middle-aged? We might be both super-buff athletes?

atlaz
    Free Member

You’re on STW discussing a fairly awful BBC police drama. you’re middle-aged either in body or spirit or both 🙂

theotherjonv

You’re on STW discussing a fairly awful BBC police drama. you’re middle-aged either in body or spirit or both

FTFY

cynic-al
    Free Member

Argh.

Just watched E4.

Shark.

Jumped.

brakes
    Free Member

all I could think during the interview when DCI Huntley turned the tables on AC-12 was that this just wouldn’t happen, this is irrelevant, this is silly, let’s turn this shit off, purlease, would this really happen, noooooo. but then the bit at the end with the pregnant AC-12 officer giving something to Hilton and I was like “WHHUUUAAAAAATTTT?”.
    Can’t wait til next Sunday now…

wallop

The plot thickens!

So. Nick Huntley’s mate/lawyer – didhedunnit?

batfink
    Free Member

So. Nick Huntley’s mate/lawyer – didhedunnit?

Probably. It’s the #1 thing to get my p*ss boiling: have us sit through hours of confusing plot-turns, trying to piece together whodunnit….. then in the last episode, introduce a completely new character, never seen before or even eluded to – aaaaaaaaand it was him. Bloody silent bloody witness is the worst for this.

thepurist

I’ll bet a full English 12 sided pound that it’s Hilton, he’s pulling all the strings and was pressing hard to convict the mysteriously “no longer in plot line” young lad wots been fitted up.

martinhutch

Probably. It’s the #1 thing to get my p*ss boiling: have us sit through hours of confusing plot-turns, trying to piece together whodunnit….. then in the last episode, introduce a completely new character, never seen before or even eluded to – aaaaaaaaand it was him. Bloody silent bloody witness is the worst for this.

Plus ‘well known actor in apparently minor role’. The significance has already been clumsily hinted at with all the shots of mobile phone contacts and mentions of ‘Jimmy Lakewell’…

I’ll bet a full English 12 sided pound that it’s Hilton,

Dunno. Would go against his somewhat spineless behaviour to date.

DezB
    Free Member

Would go against his somewhat spineless behaviour to date

Ha! So wouldn’t fit with Line Of Duty logic eh? 😆

Quite good last night (apart from the aforementioned interview which turned experienced anti-corruption boss into blithering idiot.)

derek_starship
    Free Member

How come nobody has smelt Huntley’s wrist yet?

It must smell like a gym bag full of sweaty kit and old cottage cheese by now.

colournoise

Because it’s not time in the story for that to conveniently but inexplicably happen…

Sometime in the penultimate episode I reckon.

twonks

I think the new recruit who fumbled in interviews, got told to up his game etc etc noticed her dodgy arm during the silly interview.

He’ll now go do a lot of legwork, piece it all together and pull a blinder in the next daft interview.

Nobody will see it coming and ac12 will be on the ropes before he drops the bomb. Then it will all be too much for Huntley, she’ll cave in and game over.

Boss will day well done lad, you’ll fit right in. Then it ends teeing up newbies part in the next series.

If he didn’t clock her arm, I could have looked at the time earlier and not now be late going back to work. Oops.

Dickyboy

KRG3013 handwriting ffs

Watched Broadchurch last night & that was just as bad, all turning up at the church everyone’s all friends & found religion all of a sudden, so wanted blue van man to do a thelma & louise off the cliff in the closing shot 🙁

somafunk

My folks had it on when i popped across to see them on sunday night, omg it’s jamie from “the thick of it” – how can anyone watch it especially with his crap posh accent and not think of Jamie and his outbursts of violence such as the following classic :

You take the piss out of Al Jolson again and I will remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock! Then I’ll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle with my **** fist. And every time I hear something that I don’t like, which will be every time that something comes on, I will skip to the next track by crushing your balls!

derek_starship
    Free Member

Just for the record; Ifield* deserved his demise as he mutilated his mum’s twanny in the first series of Bodies. Jed Mercurio’s finest work.

* it wasn’t him.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Bodies. Jed Mercurio’s finest work.

and which

‘well known actor in apparently minor role’

was a major character in, so odd that he’d come back for just a bit part. Or is that what they want us to think.

Argh.

Just watched E4.

Shark.

Jumped.

They did that in the final ep of season 3, and decided to go batsh1t from there 🙄

cynic-al
    Free Member

Agreed re Bodies.

S3 LoD worked for me – the Caddie was so far in and so well connected it made sense that he would be capable of organising his escape like that.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

S3 LoD worked for me – the Caddie was so far in and so well connected it made sense that he would be capable of organising his escape like that.

to be fair I went with it because of that, but it jarred in a programme that had been so well grounded, researched and plausible up until that point (I’m a copper and even spent 2 years on our version of AC12, it’s one of very few UK police dramas I could watch without getting distracted from the story with “that’s wrong” or “that wouldn’t happen”).

dannyh
    Free Member

I must admit that I quite like Line of Duty, but the plots are getting a bit more far-fetched. Somehow I just knew Arnott would have ‘just the right amount of amnesia’ when he woke up, that pissed me off a bit.

wallop

Ironside, lol! 😆

kilo

It is just rubbish, utter rubbish.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hmmmm that one wasn’t too bad, here’s hoping the finale is good.

bruneep

I was aware I was shouting this at the TV

budgierider67

How can that young detective not fail to link the fact that he gave his password to a colleague on the day his login was used to search sensitive files?

DezB
    Free Member

If he was 80 years old he might’ve given his password to a colleague on a Post It note… might’ve… although the sharing of passwords is not that farfetched! http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ms-outlook-recall-how-effective-data-breach-issue

Notice how “Casualty” was advertised straight after last nights ep. Obviously the audience level they’re aiming for now.

perchypanther
    Free Member

How can that young detective not fail to link the fact that he gave his password to a colleague on the day his login was used to search sensitive files?

More to the point, why did no-one think to compare the time that the file was downloaded using his password with the log of the access control system that they’re never done swiping themselves in and out on?

Wouldn’t that show that the only person who was sneaking about a darkened office was the pregnant lady police person?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘OMG – Line of Duty returns! (Will contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.