Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • OMG I sold another one… number 12 here I come
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Well with injury after injury to, keep my interest going with bikes I keep building bikes, problem is once one is built no much to do so it goes again! Just a few over the last 4 years ?

Scott Ransom with rather nice LTD ed brakes & DT E220 wheels

Intense 5.5

Commencal Furious

Specialized Demo 8

Trek Session 77

Transition Preston FR

Merlin Malt 1

Airbourne Lancaster Titanium

Lapierre Pro Race 500

Transition Dirtbag

Orange Patriot LT 2002

Well after all of that im building this up and have the main bulk…. Plumped for a remedy 8

with these and other bits from the classifieds and ebay

Hoping I will be fit to ride soon and hopefully keep this one and get to ride it …. Hopefully!

BlingBling
    Free Member

Did you use your special skills to tune them?

I like that Commencal Furious the most.

thepurist

Are you related to Ton?

tinsy
    Free Member

you build a very nice bike…. the Trek will look ace.

so you didnt even get to ride 11 of em?

The yellow transition didnt look right somehow though… any idea what the merlin rode like with the DUC's on?

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

the furious was nice 🙂

Ton – nope not in the slightest, except we may have the same grandad 3 times removed

Bling – what? my skills are immense and I can tune a shock better than factory with a single spanner.. oh sorry that was another thread. They all worked pretty well, my building skills are not too shabby, could be better in the wheel department

JohnnyPanic

Aha, so it was YOU that bought those EX1750's eh, eh…

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

ahhh the merlin with the DUC was fine, although it was not designed for dual crown… I rode them all, the Lancaster Ti was bloody great and flew round cwm carn (well flew by my standards). The demo 8 was simply great and set up perfectly just too heavy, the furious was a very nice build but at speed those are very unstable, more suited to slow SS stuff (thats not me). Hoping the remedy will be a nice job,

Johnny – are you the seller? or did I pip you to the post? yes it was me 🙂

hora
    Free Member

You got rid of that Intense? That looks SCHWEET. ****. You must have gone through ALOT of money.

chakaping
    Free Member

Remedy looks best to me, even unfinished.

I second Hora though, we want to see the balance sheet!

tinsy
    Free Member

Evens or up is my guess….

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

you would not beleive me if I told you………. simply I have not lost a penny! I spend a LOT of time looking for bargains, I will post the remedy up once its done. Going to be waiting for a lot of stuff from the postie 😉

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The Intense is nice. The others mostly look 'orrible.

That Session 77 looks all kinds of wrong.

tinsy
    Free Member

told you… 🙂

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

ah the session ended up with 66's but never took another pic. Turst me the ransom was nice as in the flesh….. very reluctant sale with a very happy owner

Tinsy – Yes I am open and will honestly say I have been very lucky with ebay and other forums, and I mean very lucky, things like a thomson post for £8, fox 36's for £130 etc… means I have been able to build some nice bikes for not a great deal of cash… the intense cost me around £1200 I think, not super cheap but a good price for the spec!

Anyhow hopefully the Remedy will be the last to keep once I sort my body out

tinsy
    Free Member

Not knocking it, you built some nice bikes.

aha yeah meant to say, can you still get the K18's in white? will look nice on that, and shimano have a brake, 575 I think, that comes in the same colours as that Trek, bit low end but depends where you plan riding it..

tracknicko
    Free Member

scottegg is on the money. a lot of those bikes look ROUGH. the lapierre is nicest IMO.

which is worrying given that im not mad keen on pure xc hardtails…

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

track – I dont expect anyone / everyone to like my builds, would be a sad world if everyone did. I didnt like all of them but I did like the demo, furious, 5.5, Lancaster and the Ransom. The ransom and furious were my fav of the sussers for the spec on them

tinsy – mainly S wales, quantocks, cwm carn, medips etc. I have seen the custom brakes for the trek…. just not a fan of shimano brakes, im holding out to see if I have some mono mini pro's to keep the weight down a bit, with the EX1750 wheels it should be pretty light without sacraficing performance. I originally missed a white nomad on ebay by £50 so went for this instead!!

JohnnyPanic

Johnny – are you the seller? or did I pip you to the post? yes it was me

Pipped – although I wasn't sure I wanted them. I admired your timing. You bought them after the auction for the other set of 1750's had gone over £300 but before it had ended. 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

simply I have not lost a penny!

hmmmm

jamesca
    Free Member

why not ride them more?

terrahawk
    Free Member

For some reason that Patriot is my favourite.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Grumm… ?

Jamesca – I have had a broken wrist quite a bad one so that was a good year out with only a few rides, then I broke my ribs at cwm carn and now I have some kind of spine damage and have only done 2 rides in 5 months, waiting to get it sorted out, so keeping the interest up I just build them up

Terra – its was nice but the rear shock wa shocking.. spent more time fettling with it than riding it, never felt right and by god was that thing noisy!!!!!!!!!!

Jonny – yes I was watching 3 sets and quickly whipped in at the last min, always wanted a set never thought I could afford them, the kids inheritance they are

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

In terms of pure looks, I like the Airborne best – lovely build.

I've got a black widow and although I ride my Five more, I don't think I'll ever get rid of it (I hope I don't have to anyway!). Simply a lovely bike (and soo pretty too!)

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Yes I liked it a lot, very very light and so easy to pedal, sadly finances and a rip off on a broken carbon frame meant I had to sell it 🙁

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Shame 🙁

As I say, I hope I never have to be separated from mine – it even made me look good at climbing! 🙂

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

I know what you mean, Im not fit and cwm carn xc once is enough but on that I did it 2 times without a rest…… it was a whippet of a bike!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘OMG I sold another one… number 12 here I come’ is closed to new replies.