Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Old Fotopic users
  • pennine
    Free Member

Just had an email from Fotopic. Apparently, the haven’t been able to find a buyer so the site will close indefinitely & all files deleted.

However, registered users are being offered the chance to download their old photos before the deadline. So providing you can still remember your original email address & password you can access your photos and download the files.

I didn’t keep all mine so downloaded the lot in zip files

CountZero

Hmmm, I’ve got a vague recollection of putting some pics on there, but I’m damned if I could recall any details now. Shame it’s going, but it shows that you should always have your own back-up, not rely on cloud storage.

martinxyz
    Free Member

They lost hundreds of my pics in the past. A lot of them were scanned and I could never be arsed doing it all again. I think I still have some on it so I might have a look.

brakes
    Free Member

thanks for this, I had a site with quite a few pics on and I lost some of them.
    will see if I can get them off the site.

brakes
    Free Member

hang on…
    “Please note access is currently limited to Users whose username starts with anything up to and including: H”

does this mean I’ve missed out because my user name begins with b?

EDIT: still works regardless

pennine
    Free Member

The email states:
    We are providing access on a rolling basis alphabetically on a trial basis, to make sure that our servers can cope with the anticipated load.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Grrr – Password decrypter doesn’t work for me and I can’t remember what password I used for fotopic

freeridenick
    Free Member

AWESOME

just downloading mine now…..300 odd collections that i though had gone to the belly of cyberspace,

Drac

hang on…
    “Please note access is currently limited to Users whose username starts with anything up to and including: H”

does this mean I’ve missed out because my user name begins with b?

No it’s goes A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H.

STATO
    Free Member

fotopic, now there is a blast from the past. I dont think i can even remember my login name nevermind password!

freeridenick
    Free Member

you should get an email
    I got one saturday

username is normally your email address

they are up to N as funnily enough mine begins with N !!

STATO
    Free Member

The email account i used with fotopic closed 3 years ago, so no chance getting in i reckon.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Please note access is currently limited to Users whose username starts with anything up to and including: P

I think I know my password but they wont let me log in!!

crazy-legs

Good call, glad I saw this!
    Managed to get access although the email address they’ve got is now defunct. Just downloaded all my pics in 4 zip files.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I don’t think you can log in unless you have been notified by email. I use the encrypter site for my password they sent me and it worked for me- Quite glad really as my old hard disc fried a couple of years ago and I lost all my data after stupidly thinking that the external hard disc from WD actually backed up my files. At least I have got back some of the old photos.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Old Fotopic users’ is closed to new replies.