Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 184 total)
  • Oktoberfest
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

So whos’ doing it? What category are you in?
    weather looking like it might be quite good! I’m in a women’s pair (only 4 in our category) in the 8 hour event so should be fun!!

alcolepone
    Free Member

yeap, as a couple. should be good

i know there is music after, will there be a beer tent?

d4
    Free Member

We’re there as a very slow 3. As failed to find a 4th.

davesmate
    Free Member

I’m in a team of 4, 8hr old gits.

Clink

Presume can enter on day?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’m sure there’ll be space 4’s going around 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

LocoBM racing will be there some will be riding some will be mooching and supporting 😀

alpin
    Free Member

i “did” it last week for the last time this year. didn’t drink as many Maß as when i went with work.

i got chatting to some mädel from Rosenheim… she was hot. and she gave me a kiss.

allthepies
    Free Member

Whoooooosh.

LoCo
    Free Member

Hopefully the team don’t think they’re going to Germany 😯 😀

c_klein87

solo singlespeed for me, last long race of the year which will feel good!

mboy
    Free Member

Entered as a mixed pair here. Don’t know how many in our category, any way of finding out?

amt27
    Free Member

got pushed off by another rider at Bikefest this year, rider didn’t even bother to stop, cracked a rib, bruised shoulder, broken helmet, broken wheel,

am i doing Octoberfest? hmmmm, maybe,

alpin
    Free Member

or….

i know where i’d rather be!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

solo ss for me.

Pooley
    Free Member

Oldies pair, with my mate Rich. I did a few recce laps this morning, there’s been a lot of trail work done, will probably surprise quite a few of you. I’m looking forward to going at it in race mode!

bullheart
    Free Member

Afternoon solo for me!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

8hr pair, Old Gits.

Have ridden twice in the last month. 🙁

LoCo
    Free Member

LocoBM has a mixed pair and a solo ss, so quite a few drinking supporting 😀

Dimmadan
    Free Member

8 hour solo for me. Was test riding the track yesterday and it’s great. Just a little narrow in places so going to wait for a few minutes at the start before rolling out.

Janesy
    Free Member

Solo 8 hour for me. Geared and 26er though… Almost in its own niche.

richwales

Is it the same course as previous bikefests – need help deciding – 5spot or cannondale hardtail with 80mm headshock for solo rider?

mboy
    Free Member

Course is a lot more durable now richwales, personally I think it’s a hardtail course through and through. I’d not want to lug the extra weight of a 5″ full sus round myself. I’m gonna be on my Ti HT anyway…

richwales

Cheers mboy.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Entered as an SS team of 3 now 3rd man can’t make it so changing it to pairs. My teammate is an ex elite mtb and 2nd cat roadie 😯

hope I don’t let him down

ssjeff
    Free Member

@td might pop up Sat afternoon could poss ring a lap or two depends on finishing my kitchen ! (seriously)

trickydisco
    Free Member

SSjeff.. heard so much about you 🙂

Yes.. get involved… I’ll be camping friday night so will have supplies of coffee,beer, cheese in the van. I heard dan the 5th is going as well.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Would love to do a lap on a swift. Trying to persuade Sioffofwebbs (with his gryphon) to come up but think he’s in the shop on his own.

geoffj

Alpin +1

Mmmmm German girls 8)

alcolepone
    Free Member

anyone know about beer tents?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Hmm.. what ratio for ashton court. I think 32:16 might be too spinny as there isn’t much climbing (found the SITS course ideal for 32:16)

SSjeff> Fancy ditching the kitchen and joining a singlespeed team? Love to see your rad skills in the team.

it’s looking like pairs for me as our 3d man has dropped out

MrAgreeable

It’s a tent that sells beer, and there’s going to be one. Think Bath Ales is the usual supplier. 🙂

I’m in a 4 with the Wideopenmag crew. Not so much a serious team, more of a downhiller outreach programme – introducing them to the joys of riding uphill, pedalling for more than 30 seconds at a time, that sort of thing. We won’t be taking it terribly seriously (I hope).

MrAgreeable

what ratio for ashton court

Or just go chainless and pump everything?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cyclist No.1 has 4 riders in solo (3 male and 1 female)

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I’m taking pictures on Sat – but for once I’m actually going to be competing on the Sunday as I’ll be doing the long run/ride. 😀

alcolepone
    Free Member

competing on Sunday?

interesting, as it’s only on saturday 😀

ignore me 😀

hughlovittt
    Free Member

First time race novice here in a team of 3 (should of been 4)and seriously not prepared!

AMT27 – Broken parts seriously?

Ok maybe there will only be 2 in our team and i’ll “See you at the pub”.

Any ideas what a lap time will work out to be roughly?

trickydisco
    Free Member

fast guys are doing it in 22mins

http://www.bike-fest.com/oktoberfest/course.php

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I’ll be running 34/18 (although I am solo) I do not want a repeat of the cramping I got at the later stages of the bikefest.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

fast guys are doing it in 22mins

http://www.bike-fest.com/oktoberfest/course.php

I think the course will be slightly longer than last year as I imagine Paul will have the changeover at the (or somewhere near) official start of the trail, plus all those new twists and turns will also add length.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘Oktoberfest’ is closed to new replies.