Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Ohhh the lectern is outside number 10…
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Coffee anyone…?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Nah, it's beer o'clock, surely?

Might get a kebab actually….

allthepies
    Free Member

Fat lady warming up in the wings….

Houns

Got the Champagne at the ready

uplink
    Free Member

That lectern

Where do the cables go when they get to the curb?

I can't see them following the gutter, they must go underground, it's always the important things they never tell you about 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Houns, do you think what the Tories will/wont be able to do is cause for a Tory to celebrate?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Let him have his little moment of fun.

It'll be short lived, thank God…

Houns

Who said i'm a Tory?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Where do the cables go when they get to the curb?

you can see them following the curb, there'll be a mahoosive press box somewhere with all the ENG crews badly coiled multi coloured cables plugged into it. ENG crews [SHAKES HEAD]

anagallis_arvensis

so your a lib and celebrating? even more odd as far as I can see.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

here we go, he's not been to see her nibs yet though

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

He was gonna crack.

anagallis_arvensis

decent speech to be fair

Houns

Nice speech, slightly rushed but wish him the best

allthepies
    Free Member

That was touching (seriously).

Will still have a celebratory pint tonight however 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

I actually feel sorry for him now. I'm such a WUSS!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Gordon for the IMF?

Blower
    Free Member

huh

higthepig
    Free Member

Nice to see that ITV didn't interrupt Emmerdale to break the news. Get ready for another wall to wall media frenzy…………….

anagallis_arvensis

good start for little william!

clubber
    Free Member

I hope the cables are/were unidirectional and oxygen free 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Happy that Gordon's boys got to meet the Queen

allthepies
    Free Member

>Happy that Gordon's boys got to meet the Queen

They didn't (well not just now)

Talkemada
    Free Member

I hope the cables are/were unidirectional and oxygen free

Heh! 😀

kimbers

wowzers even the tory boys on here are seeing things unblinkered by the media hate onslaught that browns had

clubber
    Free Member

Well you wouldn't want Gordon's big moment to be ruined by awful, shocking, highly noticeable poor sound quality. They probably should have had ceramic floor stands too to absorb the vibrations from nearby traffic. Probably should have light shielded them as well to avoid distortion from all the flashes… 😉

carbon337
    Free Member

Didnt like him as PM but I wish him and his family all the best for the future – feel for him a bit to be honest.

Should have stayed in the background.

clubber
    Free Member

FWIW, if I was a Labour supporter, I'd be really chuffed tonight – best outcome for them I reckon. Let the ConDems have a nightmare with unpopularity and so on with all the cuts that have to happen, sort yourselves out and come back strong in a year or two (maybe three) when the cracks start to form in the coalition.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Probably should have light shielded them as well to avoid distortion from all the flashes..

actually a genuine issue with un-balanced mics used on older wireless setups, those caps emit some nasty RF 😆

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

His Jag was a W Reg, he should have chopped it in on his own scrapage scheme, he'd have got 2 grand off a brand new un! 😆

kimbers

sadly i expect that labour will spend the next couple of year bitchslapping each other to death, before they reinvent themselves as new new labour under darth mandelson

Talkemada
    Free Member

ConDems

Excellenty!

You're on form tonight Clubber! 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Back in a minute, chaps, just got to nip off to the Palace for a mo.

binners

I'll give it six months before we're back at the polls. The Millibands will do well to get their campaigns planned now

There's no way that the Lib Dems are going to stomach what the Tories are going to want to do. Not a cat in hells chance

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

the way i see it, they'll nip at the budgets of the public sector and put the odd low impact tax up, we'll get nowhere fast and the public will realise that income tax is going to have to rise significantly and put Labour back in under a leader strong enough to admit such things when the coalition collapses

higthepig
    Free Member

His Jag was a W Reg, he should have chopped it in on his own scrapage scheme, he'd have got 2 grand off a brand new un!

Darling left Downing Street in a Mondeo, the Police behind were in a newish 5 series BMW, nice to see that the Rozzers get the newest wheels

anagallis_arvensis

cameron should have ridden his bike, helmet on handlebars and a jag with his briefcase + the worlds media behind him to go and see queenie

clubber
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    sadly i expect that labour will spend the next couple of year bitchslapping each other to death, before they reinvent themselves as new new labour under darth mandelson

Not so sure actually – Labour itself doesn't seem unpopular in the way the Tories were at the end of their rule (though I can't understand why not, I think they're in a pretty awful state currently but there you go, each to their own view…) so they don't really need to in-fight as they don't have to fundamentally change. As I said, let the necessary crap happen now and then nip in at the next election when they'll stand a very good chance of winning outright I reckon. Not sure I'm happy with that (I'd prefer another coalition based on what my crystal ball's suggesting now) but that's how I reckon it'll pan out.

There's no way that the Lib Dems are going to stomach what the Tories are going to want to do. Not a cat in hells chance

Agreed which is why I think they'll keep the Tories in check irrespective as they'll get a taste for power and not want to risk an early election and losing out to Labour.

allthepies
    Free Member

>There's no way that the Lib Dems are going to stomach what the Tories are going to want to do. Not a cat in hells chance

Shock horror, perhaps they'll actually work together and produce consensus based policies.

mboy
    Free Member

Now I'm pretty far from being Gordon Brown's number 1 fan, but fair play to him, today he has acted selflessly and with total dignity, and that speech was very touching! Shame the same can't be said of Mr. Clegg today who has been whoring himself out to the highest bidder, before finally realising he was doing himself no favours whatsoever.

In resigning as leader of the Labour party though, Brown is leaving the door wide open as I can't see Milliband as leader providing any kind of substance or opposition to a Con/Lib coalition, no matter how much infighting there is…

Roll on a new General Election I say, with Clegg having revealed himself for what he is, and Brown stepping aside to leave that prat Milliband in charge, the Tories would win a landslide if it went to re-election now!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Ohhh the lectern is outside number 10…’ is closed to new replies.