Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • oh no! not another advert taking over the screen thread.
  • nickjb
    Free Member

A new one for me. I’m getting this ad taking over a few pixels either side of the screen on my android tablet. Anyone else. Looks like the magazine cover.

Drac

I’m not sure that’s taking over the screen, it’s more of a border.

Tried logged out on my iPhone and didn’t have it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, just a border for me here on an android tablet.

Not intrusive at all.

Just bought a new watch, though. 😉

nickjb
    Free Member

It is over the top rather than a border. A bit clearer zoomed in. Not every time, Maybe 1 in 10 pages.

Not massively intrusive but it does make it awkward to cut n paste

Drac

Ah see now it’s encroaching a bit more than it should, I’ll highlight it to the Tech bods looks like a CSS error.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Same here to the point i couldn’t click on some of the website tabs. advertising that desperate is probably having the opposite effect to what is desired…

Drac

looks like a CSS error.

iolo
    Free Member

No, nothing here

andybrad

i have the issue that (using chrome on a laptop) the page will load under the left hand banner making it impossible to see.

it usually goes after 4-5 refreshes but it becomes an issue when on my phone and using data.

Cougar

Andybrad > as a premier user you can switch off the advertising if you like. Check your profile settings.

nickjb
    Free Member

Still doing it. Its not that annoying but just a heads up in case the web people have made some changes.

nickjb
    Free Member

Now it’s taking over a third of the screen. Would it be possible to turn it off until it is fixed? I presume as it is a ST ad it isn’t generating revenue.

stumpy01

nickjb – Member

Now it’s taking over a third of the screen. Would it be possible to turn it off until it is fixed? I presume as it is a ST ad it isn’t generating revenue.

I get that quite a bit on my tablet. It’s like the browser doesn’t re-size all the page items correctly or something. Normally a refresh sorts it out – not ideal, admittedly.

On another advertising note – I thought those large ‘cover the screen and buy expensive stuff’ adverts were only meant to come on once in any 24hr period, or something similar?
    The other day I had one pop up about every 20mins or so.
    Should really get round to paying for premier status….. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘oh no! not another advert taking over the screen thread.’ is closed to new replies.