Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Oh Manchester, so much to answer for……..
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Anyway, bloody Mancs; how come we’ve moved onto footy? Just cos you lost the music argument. 🙄

Looooooosers!

London = better. FACT.

All be quiet now please afternoon nap.

hora
    Free Member

Its ok Elfin, true Manchester folk support Man City.

binners

After we’d won the music argument, the conversation just naturally dove-tailed to other areas where we’re infinitely superior…….

😀

camo16
    Free Member

Manchester’s a better former mill town than London. FACT.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Isn’t Binners actually a Scouser, Hora?

I know he’s ashamed of his true roots, but who can blame him?

Poor Binners. It’s not his fault, and he’s bin punished enough. 😥

After we’d comprehensively lost the music argument and bin savaged and humiliated by Elf what is actually right as always, we thought it best to provide a distraction hoping no-one would notice…

FTFY. 😀

trailmonkey

Birmingham? Are you for real???

if you knew anything about the game you’d know that the league was formed in birmingham and didn’t have single team from south of birmingham in it. and lets not forget,the first powerhouse in world football was of course aston villa,

Six players in that squad played for London clubs. Remind me again how many played for West Midlands clubs?

aston villa have produced more of those england internationals that you mention than any other club in the country. this is because we’re a club with real history and tradition, and have been at the very top level during 3 centuries. a fact that as a real fan you would be aware of.

Remind me again how many World Cups have bin won in the West Midlands…

none because the people that make these decisions clearly have no idea of where the national football stadium should be. but then they’re from london so they wouldn’t have would they ?

You’re obviously not a football fayn, are you?

yup. a real fan. one that supports my local team because they’re local – as well as being rich in tradition – not because they win everything and are always on the telly. i even go to matches and stuff. i bet i’ve been to anfield to see my team more times than you have 😆

yossarian
    Free Member

1-nil to trailmonkey 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

1-nil to trailmonkey

Disallowed I’m afraid. Deliberate handball…

Look, watch the replay:

if you knew anything about the game you’d know that the league was formed in birmingham

Oh it was, was it? Ok, if you say so….

Three weeks later, on the eve of West Brom’s victory over Preston in the FA Cup final, a meeting was held at Anderton’s Hotel in Fleet Street, London, to discuss McGregor’s plans. A further meeting on April 17 at the Royal Hotel, Manchester, agreed the name ‘The Football League’, and the first season kicked off on September 8 with 12 founder members.

That was particularly satisfying. Thanks for giving me such a wonderful opportunity. Even Ronnie Rosenthal wouldn’t have failed to score that one… 😆

this is because we’re a club with real history and tradition, and have been at the very top level during 3 centuries.

Yet behind a London Club, Arsenal, in terms of trophies won…. 🙄

blah blah blah blah I’m a betterer fayn than you blah blah

Well done mate. Give yourself a medal.

Fancy a kickabout some time? Y’know, an actual game, not just talking about it on tinternet. See who’s got the best skilz dem? 😉

trailmonkey

to discuss McGregor’s plans.

would that be william mcgregor ? the same william macgregor on the board of directors at aston villa ? i rather think it was. the idea was macgregors, born in witton regardless of where the deal was signed.perhaps a little too much detail than a quick trwl through wiki gives you 😆

Yet behind a London Club, Arsenal, in terms of trophies won.

by my count 25 – 24 to arsenal but have arsenal have won the european cup and european super cup ? don’t think so.

blah blah blah blah I’m a betterer fayn than you blah blah

you brought it up. rather suprised that you did given the sandy ground you stand on.

Fancy a kickabout some time? Y’know, an actual game, not just talking about it on tinternet. See who’s got the best skilz dem?

is that 2-0 or has the whistle already gone ? 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

you bought it up

Did I? Care to find the bit where I claim to be a betterer fayn than anyone else? Good luck, cos I can’t see it, and I doubt anyone else can either. But you obviously have vision beyond that of anyone else, because according to you, you know better than the Football League themselves about it’s formation. 😆

Football League was formed in Birmingham was it? 😆 Right, ok. You say it was so it must be true. What utter liars the Football League themselves are, eh?

by my count 25 – 24 to arsenal

Blimey, not only are you the World’s leading expert on the history of the Football League, you’ve also re-written the rules of Mathematics! 😆

is that 2-0 or has the whistle already gone ?

Game was over long ago mate. You’ve just bin kicking a ball about in an empty stadium, all on your own.

Seriously though, do you actually play footy? Or just talk bollocks about it online?

You get a team together, I’ll do the same, you bring ’em down here and we’ll show you how it’s done. 😉

trailmonkey

You say it was so it must be true

no you said it. it’s in your quote. the football league was the brainchild of william macgregor – a member of the villa board.

fish in a barrel this. 8)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

no you said it. it’s in your quote.

😕

if you knew anything about the game you’d know that the league was formed in birmingham

Which, as we now know, it wasn’t.

fish in a barrel this.

I know. Far too easy. You must be having an off day.

Oh, and you see you conveniently ignored this bit:

Seriously though, do you actually play footy? Or just talk bollocks about it online?

As you seem intent on conflict, why not make it fun? You get a team together, I’ll do the same, the losers pay a tenner a man to Bullheart’s charidee. Put your money where your mouth is. 😉

I’m off to the pictures now. Try not to hurt yourself whilst I’m gone. Bye.

hora
    Free Member

Elfin. Warrington to Liverpool = 18miles
    Warrington to Manchester = 20miles

Binners you **** Judas!

trailmonkey

You get a team together, I’ll do the same, the losers pay a tenner a man to Bullheart’s charidee. Put your money where your mouth is.

sorry fred, achiles injury means my playing days are over 😥

subbuteo ❓

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Oh Manchester, so much to answer for……..’ is closed to new replies.