Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • oh dear, i think have made a mistake.
  • oneoneoneone
    Free Member

after posing a wanted add for a king headset and some other parts i received a email from a guy on here. He said “i have both a black std and black sotte voche.” I was over the moon, payed for it via a bank transfer. that was last week. since then i have not had any emails back, i have only asked for a tracking number. i understand the post is a bit messed up but that wont slow a email down!! he said he posted it last week (friday i think)

his name is peter/freeformfivespot and after a bit of looking in to the guy he is a serial bad seller!!

any ideas?? thanks Shaun.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

He is a decent fella (called simon) with a baby. Lives in Sheffield – post here is SHOCKING in the summer let alone in the winter.

I have waited 17 days for items posted next day via play.com so maybe wait until after xmas

rob

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

so why did i transfer money in to a “peter xxxxxxx” account?? the post isnt that bad as i have recived a parcel from worksop it took two days on a 1st class!! this week!!

mrh86

From previous experience with this guy:

He doesn’t reply to emails and takes AGES to post items, but………he does post them eventually.

Hope this helps.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Wasn’t he Bustafajones or something like that??

Known for taking ages, and then flogging tat??

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

thanks guys. im sure he will get whats coming to him

racing_ralph
    Free Member

sorry peter g******K simon is someone else

racing_ralph
    Free Member

BTW worksop and sheffield are different places and worksop is a lot lower hence not as affected by extreme weather, sheffield is also a city rather than a small town

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

not that far apart (less than 20 miles) and there is snow up there.

also they are sent to sheffield before going to the “hub”

Andyhilton
    Free Member

As a couple of others have said. The post is shocking at the moment and it is Christmas. He will sort you out just don’t get your knickers in a twist.

mrh86

combine the post with his history of taking a while to post things means you probably will not get it until middle of january….sorry to say

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

just don’t get your knickers in a twist.

technically its Theft/fraud.

all i wanted was a email saying “sorry i havent had a chance to post it yet” or “your tracking number is 123456789”

but no!! not a sign!!

Jamie
    Free Member

He will sort you out just don’t get your knickers in a twist.

To be fair the OP just wanted some email confirmation of dispatch or tracking number.

technically its Theft/fraud.

Technically no its not yet.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Ok, it may not be fraud yet.

at least the bank will cover me.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

you only posted your wanted advert 6 days ago. I always think that if i want stuff delivered quick and with good comms i’ll go to CRC, if i want cheap i’ll buy off here.

28 days would be considered to be a reasonable time for a delivery imo

peteimpreza

So thats how he has got around his banning for being a trader.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

28 days!!!!!!!!! you must be joking!!!

week maximum, ok with this weather 2 weeks. but as i said all i wanted was a email!!

monksie
    Free Member

I have not had any dealings with this gentleman but:
    How will the bank cover you? (I assume) You asked them to send some cash from your account to another persons account which (I also assume) they have done.
    If you go back to them to say I want my money back, they’re going to give you one of these 🙄 and a very obvious shrug of the shoulders.
    You did ask for a home address, landline telephone number etc. and made yourself reasonably confident all was well with the seller before you sent some cash to some quoted numbers on a computer screen didn’t you?

AntLockyer
    Free Member

I think like everyone else says you need to just sit tight and wait for it to turn up. Posting on here after a week is classless imho.

wwaswas

He is a decent fella (called simon) with a baby

So who was Peter Gratwick then?

As above, he’s slow/not good at communicating but will deliver in the end.

But as you’ve seen – banned from here as a ‘trader’.

Flapjack
    Free Member

I bought a set of carbon bars off Peter (Freeformfivespot) about 3 weeks ago. Took two weeks to get to me but then the weather has been crap. All the same it was clearly a case of ‘getting round to sending them when I can be arsed’. To be fair he did respond to emails but I got a definite sense that if I hadn’t chivvied him up they would have taken longer. The good news is that they turned up and were as described. I don’t think he is dodgy at all, just perhaps has a low sense of urgency.

wheelz
    Free Member

I bought something from him recently, which arrived in reasonable time and as described. Actually, in my case, his communication was pretty good.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I think before you can start threatening legal action and allegations of fraud and theft it’ll be 28 days. If you take any action against seller before this, he can easily say that the snow meant he was unable to post, post was delayed due to xmas, and no court in the land will give you your money back until you wait a reasonable time.

A week? You should have gone to CRC then

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i had a good few emails with the guy, i have never had to ask for a home address before or even a phone number when dealing with people off of here. with most people they answer there emails and contact the buyers if there is a problem.

this as only been highlighted since i looked into the guy and found out that he is a bad seller.

if there was no evidence of him being rubbish a posting stuff or other stw members saying he is a good lad he will see you right. and when you bang his email addy into google it throws up all sorts of stuff about him being a scammer. i would ot have started this post.

MrTall
    Free Member

I’m still waiting on a dvd from Play that was posted over a week ago and some CRC vouchers (my nephews chrimbo pressie) which were also posted over a week ago. Not holding out much hope of them turning up today either. However, bought a pannier rack from Charlie the Bikemonger and it came straight away. I wouldn’t worry too much although it is very annoyong when sellers on here ignore a simple request for an email confirmation. I think i have bought from this chap before and had no problems so i’d be a tad more patient given the time of year/recent weather conditions. Still, not great ‘service’ is it?

MSP

Steve-Austin – Member

you only posted your wanted advert 6 days ago. I always think that if i want stuff delivered quick and with good comms i’ll go to CRC, if i want cheap i’ll buy off here.

28 days would be considered to be a reasonable time for a delivery imo

How long does a bank transfer take in the UK now? It was still 3 full working days last time I did it, and there was a weekend involved.

allthepies
    Free Member

lol! Slagging off after only a week, priceless.

bruneep

I bought stuff off peter took a while to come but it did come. Also the post really is hit or miss at the mo. I sent stuff 1st class and it took 11 days to arrive to the buyer.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

what has bank transfers got to do with it MSP?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Stop your gurning.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

As i said i dont care that its not here!! all i wanted was an email BUT for some reason some of you guys think that i want it now, i would like it now but im not overly fussed.

I also have a email saying that he has sent it and its in the post. on that all i wanted was a tracking number so i plan when i have to stay in and wait for the postie!

there is no threat of legal action and there never has been, you have decided that i want to take legal action, i just pointed out that it was fraud (possibly)

Woody
    Free Member

Go to the police. I’m about to do the same, as my Mum and Dad haven’t received their Christmas card I posted 1st class on Monday and I want a full and thorough investigation. Thieving PO scum – can’t trust anyone these days.

🙄

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

bank transfer is instant now!!

MSP

Steve-Austin – Member

what has bank transfers got to do with it MSP?

after posing a wanted add for a king headset and some other parts i received a email from a guy on here. He said “i have both a black std and black sotte voche.” I was over the moon, payed for it via a bank transfer. that was last week. since then i have not had any emails back, i have only asked for a tracking number. i understand the post is a bit messed up but that wont slow a email down!! he said he posted it last week (friday i think)

his name is peter/freeformfivespot and after a bit of looking in to the guy he is a serial bad seller!!

any ideas?? thanks Shaun.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

you stated that you bought it last week. you didn’t even post your advert till 6 days ago, now the last time i looked there were 7 days in a week.
    so you lied oneoneoneone….

Twin
    Free Member

How many more of these posts are we going to get? “I bought off here 3 minutes ago and the stuff hasn’t arrived yet, It’s theft/fraud/armed robbery/murder, Own him with bombers” etc.

Most stuff I’ve bought off here arrives in a few days. Sometimes it takes longer. I’d bet in 99.9% of cases the stuff does turn up.

If you want quick service, buy from a retailer and pay for express delivery or go to your LBS.

Expecting stuff within a week is expecting too much IMHO.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Go to the police. I’m about to do the same, as my Mum and Dad haven’t received their Christmas card I posted 1st class on Monday and I want a full and thorough investigation. Thieving PO scum – can’t trust anyone these days.

thats just childish, and if you read the whole post you would know that all i wanted was a email telling me the situation of headset.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

not all bank transfers are instant. at least a 2 hour wait is normal for the big banks. a lot longer if its from a online account, or small bank

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

I DONT EXPECT THE STUFF TO ARRIVE NOW I JUST WANTED A EMAIL

just to clear that up!!!

as i said after doing a bit of digging i found out he has a history of being a bad seller!!

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

What about your lies in your first post oneoneoneone?

‘adds oneoneone to list of people to never trust to buy off’

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘oh dear, i think have made a mistake.’ is closed to new replies.