Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Offroad lejog
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Anyone else following this chap? sorry its a facebook link

solo unsupported and off-road

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stephens-Off-Road-Lejog/231595460242601

RestlessNative
    Free Member

yeah I am, he is going pretty quick! much jealousness

Baldysquirt

Our friend Julia Hobson is doing LEJOG off road next month following the death of her husband Gareth last year in a climbing accident. She’ll be staying with friends en-route mostly so not really unsupported, but still a great undertaking on your own. I heard she might even be the first woman to ride it?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nick3216
    Free Member

sjw77 of this parish. He posted a thread a few days back. See that search bar at the top? . It’s like the STW version of LMGTFY. I prefer LMGTFYYLF, but it’s a bit long.

Heres the result…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/off-road-lands-end-to-john-ogroats-starts-tomorrow

kimbers

yup im following him on facebook, too nothing but respect (and envy) for the fellah!

zilog6128

thanks for the reminder. great reading!

fasthaggis

How much of it is off road ?

Shorty121
    Free Member

Who makes the bags?

druidh
    Free Member

Ha “Likes” Revelate – I’m thinking that’s a clue 🙂

Shorty121
    Free Member

Didn’t notice that. Cheers

RestlessNative
    Free Member

looks like a bikepackeu seatpack to me

sjw77
    Free Member

Thanks all. I’m getting some great support on the Facebook page front the singletrack crowd.

I’ve just crossed the cut gate pass and am going to plan. I am doing the route in 22 rather than the normal 23 days hence the big days at the beginning to knock off the extra day’s riding. Now on track and enjoying – even the carrying a loaded bike through snow drifts! Unfortunately not as much camping as I wanted so far as the weather has been so bad and I have been pretty cold and tired by the end of each day’s riding.

Bags are from bikepack.eu. Highly recommended – quick and relatively good value. Plus Pawel is a pleasure to deal with. The Pocket over the bar roll is a revelate designs – good but the company is fairly unreliable and didn’t deliver the bar bag I ordered. I would use Pawel and save the hassle. Small frame pannier at the stem/ top tube junction is an eBay special.

Glad you are enjoying the blog. Happy riding. Steve

nick3216
    Free Member

The old style North Face running packs fit perfectly over a Revelate. Will post a suitable picture when I get home in a week.

mikeclarke
    Free Member

Met Steve today on the great glen way, so glad we did as I didn’t know u could do lejog off road..he was looking in a better state than us, we r nearing the end of our 500mile trip around the west coast of Scotland with b.o.b trailers been on the road for ten days pulling 25kg light weight is defo way forward unless u like ur little luxuries in life like us!! And are a sucker for punishment. Anyhow that’s what its all about getting out there and doing it…. nice one Steve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Offroad lejog’ is closed to new replies.