• This topic has 49 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • OF Chipps and the Quantocks STW forum ride .
  • oxym0r0n

sharki
    Free Member

Right hands down cuz i've worked out a quick loop.

Route works out at about 45km(28miles), it goes up and down alot, with about 1500m of ascent and descent.

Descents are…….slaughter house, weacombe, half hitched(knotties trail), stert/somerton, smiths, willoughbys, concrete block, frog and the whole run of holford combe flat out….

Ascents are….sheperds(ladies edge), staple plantation, bicknoller, dog pound, greenway path, part of dowsborough and stert.

The average speed on STW rides are about 3.5 mph, so you'll be riding for about 8 hrs without rest……

Haa haa haa haa, i'm gonna kill us all!!!!

So which descents do you not want to include…

julianwilson
    Free Member

I think I might have left one of my ribs on a root half way down Smith's: (look right just after the lingering smell of cooked brake pads…) if anyone finds it my email is in my profile.

Also I might be up for it if you have a 'slow' group like last time…

knottie8
    Free Member

did some one mention a slow group ? sounds like a job for me(I was hoping that would be asked).

sharki
    Free Member

I went down Smiths today and saw no ribs, garmins or computers, bugger all in fact, not even any fallen branches to pen you in to a eye rattling path down…I's almost go as far as saying it's faster, which isn't such a good thing if you go straight on at the kink right and end up OTB in a wet bog..LOL.

Numbers may dictate if segregation is needed.

If anyone wants a group ride before crimbo, say now!

Last september was awesome and dusty, despite this one starting off err moist, i've a good feeling we're in for another dry spell to and with the bracken dying back, it opens up a few extra choices…woot!

knottie8
    Free Member

I think its down to oldfart to shout out a date that suits Chipps aswell.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Another STW Q's ride – yes please 😀

sharki
    Free Member

Indeed, this post is for OF's/chipps ride, he must be at work.

Was just stating if anyone wants a group ride before then it can be done, there's a few months to go till december..

If there's enough interest then a new thread can be started, i'm thinking alot of bikes will be going away for the winter! 😉

oldfart

well apart from the first weekend of october i'm ok .perhaps we need to see when chipps is available .last i heard he's scmoozing at eurobike.

sharki
    Free Member

Go ahead with the original plans Rolly.

The hills aren't going anywhere.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘OF Chipps and the Quantocks STW forum ride .’ is closed to new replies.