• This topic has 51 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Oats … what has happened to them?
  • redthunder
    Free Member

My recipe is:

Half a cup of oats and half a cup of semi skimmed milk. Nuke for 1min :20secs.

Then topped with honey.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

with water, thats all, guess i’m a single speeder of the porridge world.

cxi
    Free Member

Mornflake for me. I buy mine direct from the factory shop at the mill but they do sell them in Morrisons

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

tesco finest here,

mixed with bran from health food shop for added pooping.

Cougar

I mix 50% ‘premium’ rolled oats with 50% ‘cheap crap’ chopped oats when I’m making flapjacks. The former gives texture and the latter binds it all together nicely.

I know not of this ‘porridge’ of which you speak, I’m allergic to breakfast.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Just in case you hadn’t heard

Anna-B
    Free Member

CG get some from the market next time you’re in Salisbury. 3 x 750g bags for £2, and there’s never any husks. I worked out once that my breakfast costs about 2p in oats!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Just use scotts oats here and soak in ok r apple juice over night

When I move in with the missis she bought oat so simple – she never did that again once I showed her the cost per kg for what Was just oats !

bedmaker

Oatmeal of Alford = full of bits of stone (grindstone?) when I tried it. Chipped a tooth one morning, almost did the same the next morning, binned the rest.
    Be careful out there.

Trekster

read the other day that a spoonful of cinnamon reduces the insulin spike from the porridge carbs

water & porridge+ milk and either chopped dried apricots/banana/raisins/honey/maple syrup or a drop of sugar if cupboard is bare

Smarty
    Free Member

scots do an ‘old fashioned’ variety in our local morrisons (tesco doe’snt do them) that are the larger more chewy oats, no husks ever, really lovely. far nicer than standard mushy oats. i’m a total convert.

+1 for the Scots Old Fashioned oats

EDIT: Forgot to say that Morrisons had them on offer this week, buy 2 save a quid.

nbt

gavtheoldskater – Member

Oats & water = Gruel
    Oats & milk = porridge

<michael caine>
    not a lot of people know that
    <end michael caine>

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Oats … what has happened to them?’ is closed to new replies.