Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • O2 / iPhone 3GS contract up, what are my options?
  • organic355
    Free Member

The 18 month contract I took out when I got my 3GS was up in December and wondering what my options are?

not too fussed about getting an iphone 4 as 3GS is fine (and will probably wait for iphone 5).

I would be interested in lowering my monthly bills though as they around £30 for 75 minutes and 125 texts (which is pretty crap).

I heard tescos do some good deals now, which is O2 anyway? I dont want to change my number though.

Any suggestions?

jam-bo

yep. phone 02…

organic355
    Free Member

Yeah thanks, hadnt thought of that 🙄

I was wondering what other deals were out there so I could barter with O2.

toys19
    Free Member

I would be interested in lowering my monthly bills though as they around £30 for 75 minutes and 125 texts (which is pretty crap).

I have 800 minutes xnetwork, unlimited free calls to uk landlines, 1300 txts and 0.5gb internerd for 22.50 on a HTC Desire HD with orange. Fone your current supplier and ask for your PAC number (which is the authority no to port your phone no to another supplier) and they will get their stuff together and make you a decent offer.

mefty
    Free Member

Virgin are doing 500 mins, unlimited text 1GB data for just over £15 a month on a SIM only one month rolling contract.

pixelmix
    Free Member

If you are happy with your phone, and will upgrade when the next big iPhone update comes out, then I would suggest going for a 30 day SIM only iPhone contract with o2. Then you can change your phone whenever you like. Change ASAP, as it will be much cheaper than letting your current contract continue.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I’ve just finished my contract with o2. Kept my 3gs and went on their simplicity tariff, £20 pm. Which gives 600 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited wifi and 500mb of web. Kept the number too.

Seems a good deal to me.

BB

CountZero

My contract ran out a couple of months before the iPhone 4 came out last year, so I went onto Simplicity, which saved around £15. It’s simple, :wink:, and they’ll do it instore for you. It looks like WWDC will be somewhere around June 5-9, which is when iPhone 5 gets announced, and it’ll be available probably a month or so later, so it’s worth going onto Simplicity for five months and saving some money, put the cash you save aside and put it towards the new phone.

vrapan
    Free Member

Call O2 to unlock your phone so you can use any network.

While you are at it tell them you want to move networks, barter the heck out of them but make sure to go on a 30 day rolling sim only contract or a 12 month sim only contract.

If the deals they are offering you are not good enough ask for a PAC and go get a 10£ sim only from 3 – 1gb data, 3000 texts and 100 or 300 minutes depending if you go for 30 day rolling or 12 month contract.

toys19
    Free Member

Bianchi-Boy – Member

I’ve just finished my contract with o2. Kept my 3gs and went on their simplicity tariff, £20 pm. Which gives 600 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited wifi and 500mb of web. Kept the number too.

Seems a good deal to me.

BB

I think I’m being thick here, but doesn’t every phone deal come with unlimited wifi? Isn’t that a bit like saying unlimited keypad use?

joemarshall
    Free Member

Bloody hell, that’s quite an iPhone tax – I get 100 texts, 100 minutes for £10 a month sim only, with ‘unlimited ‘ internet.

Mike_D
    Free Member

doesn’t every phone deal come with unlimited wifi?

In your house yes. Out and about on BT Openzone hotspots, no.

IA

I dont want to change my number

You can quickly (a day or two), easily (one phone call, two at most) port your number to and from any network. Call your current provider and ask for a PAC code.

Pisses me right off when folk get a new number “for their new phone”. No need!

DaddyPig
    Free Member

O2 do an iPhone sim only contract for 15 quid a month. I’m in the same boat and that’s what I’ll be doing til iPhone 5 arrives

stevemorg2

have a look at Giffgaff – it’s probably what I’ll do when my O2 contract runs out in December

https://giffgaff.com/orders/unlimited-web?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ps-brand&utm_term=giffgaff

psychle
    Free Member

Yep, giffgaff is the way to go, £10 for 200 min, unlimited text and unlimited data, hard to beat I think? 🙂

Dave
    Free Member

Reckon he probably sorted something in the last 7 months though hey?

psychle
    Free Member

whoops… 😳

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘O2 / iPhone 3GS contract up, what are my options?’ is closed to new replies.