Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • NX 1×11 experiences
  • nemesis
    Free Member

I want to get a wider range cassette on my plus bike and NX looks like a bargin way of doing it (probably with a Sunrace cassette).

So what are the downsides computed to GX and above? It seems to get excellent reviews. Or is it worth changing to a gx or above shifter?

Thanks

GeForceJunky

I think the Mech is a fair bit heavier due to steel cage rather than ali. Shifter is similar but has horrible integrated handlebar clamp. I decided it was better to go GX for not much more.

mjsmke

I think the NX groupset uses a regular freebie body with an 11-42 cassette but GX and up use the DX freebie with a 10-42 cassette.

I have GX on one bike and X1 on another and really like them both.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nemesis
    Free Member
    TheGhost
    Free Member

I’ve got Nx on my bike. It came on a Sonder transmitter and I just moved it to my Solaris Max. It works perfectly and seems bombproof to me. You’d be mad to spend any more on gears. Save your cash for super grippy tires and loads of cake.

muttley109
    Free Member

I have nx 1×11 groupset but with a gx cassette which saves a bit of weight. I’ve given it 15 months of hard abuse, in which time I’ve had to adjust the gears twice and that’s it!
    During the same time I’ve destroyed one raceface wheel, six ribs,one hip and one rotator cuff.

It may not be the lightest or the blingest but it works and its tough!

MaryHinge
    Free Member

NX 1×11 here too. First 1x set up I’ve had. Works perfectly.

boxxer7
    Free Member

I’ve got XO1 on my full sus and NX/GX combo on my hard tail and I can’t tell the difference other than weight and looks I would buy it again

nemesis
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. I think I’m going to go with NX and upgrade if I lose enough weight that it would matter 🙂

mattyfez

Mrs has it on her trott mtb, can’t fault it really.. Especially as the entire bike cost £350 8)

hammerite
    Free Member

Part NX user here. Had it for just over a year absolutely no probs. I went with the NX crank and cassette (it would fit on to my 10 speed wheel) and GX shifter and mech.

nemesis
    Free Member

So, first proper ride on my new NX set up at Cwmcarn today.

NX mech, chain and shifter. Sunrace 11-46 mx8 cassette (black!)

In short it was great. The shifter is very clicky (like my XT M8000 one actually come to think of it) in a good way. Shifting positive even under crap changes with lots of pressure on. Not as smooth as Shimano but effective.

If I’m being picky the only negative I can come up with its that I double shifted a couple of times on rocky dhs when clicking for a harder gear.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘NX 1×11 experiences’ is closed to new replies.