Home Forums Bike Forum Nukeproof Mega – possible rear chain stay/triangle recall for 2011 frames?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega – possible rear chain stay/triangle recall for 2011 frames?
  • zangolin
    Free Member

Over on Facebook – well known gravity bike shop in Birmingham has just asked for all their NP Mega 2011 frame customers to get back in touch for a free rear chain stay/ triangle replacement.

flow
    Free Member

Thought it was just a bad batch, not a bad year.

peachos
    Free Member

more details here: http://www.southerndownhill.com/forum/index.php/topic,251632.0.html

“We have decided to issue a new redesigned chainstay to all owners of Nukeproof Mega’s. This is NOT because we are concerned that there is a major issue with the current design. We had a very small number of chainstays crack and have seen an area for improvement. We’d like to pass this on to all existing customers to show that Nukeproof really does value ALL of its customers and we want everyone to enjoy their bike to it’s full potential. We’ll be providing all dealers with replacements chainstays for any mega’s they have sold and including fitting instructions this week.”

i’ve just email the place i bought mine from to find out more.

duntstick
    Free Member

Nice, faith restored. Will have another look now. Took a while but good on em.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not seen anything on the NP or hotlines web site yet.

nmdbase
    Free Member

At least they value their customers and are looking after the brand, good on them.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Mine survived 25,000m of italian downhill the other week..

peachos
    Free Member

if it happens i think it’s damn good customer service. they have found something that could be improved (may or may not be related to the snappages, probably may) and are offering a free upgrade to their customers. will see how it pans out though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

This kind of thing does wonders for Hope’s reputation!

Is there a business model based on making stuff that fails then being really good at sorting it?

flow
    Free Member

Nicolai should take a leaf out of Nukeproofs book.

This kind of thing does wonders for Hope’s reputation!

Is there a business model based on making stuff that fails then being really good at sorting it?

Nothing wrong with Hope parts. After reading that “how do you clean your bike” thread the other day, I’m never trusting anyone’s opinion on here again!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks like it’s official… linky.

crackhead
    Free Member

“Free” you say…
    So who pays for the fitting labour,dealers ?
    “upgrade”…
    “Hotlines are not concerned…have seen room for improvement”
    I would be very concerned: about remaining stock,brand name and design team.
    Any failure of a part in the same place,no matter how small the number, indicates a design failure.
    I would say its the least that Hotlines could do!

peachos
    Free Member

“Free” you say…
    So who pays for the fitting labour,dealers ?
    “upgrade”…
    “Hotlines are not concerned…have seen room for improvement”
    I would be very concerned: about remaining stock,brand name and design team.
    Any failure of a part in the same place,no matter how small the number, indicates a design failure.
    I would say its the least that Hotlines could do!

jog on…

i’ll fit it myself. loads of bikes fail in the same place. you don’t often see a company offering upgraded parts to all their customers like this. its positive, but you’re trying to make it look all bad and scary. done the brand name a lot of favours, the design team have recognised there is room for improvement & remaining stock levels…not sure they’ll have much to worry about tbh.

brant
    Free Member
    flow
    Free Member

Pagey seemed to be getting on OK with his yesterday.

No cracks, nothing.

As if he would tell anyone if one of his did fail 🙄

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’d like to know what happened on take one 🙂

zangolin
    Free Member

Mega frame is still on my shopping/christmas list.

scary_carey
    Free Member

Glad to hear about the upgrade. Mine snapped this morning 🙁 anyone know how quick they’re turning the replacements round?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey. What did you do to it? How much riding had you done on it?

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

I had mine fitted on Friday. I can report that it’s just as Mega as it was before…

ART

Mine is still going OK, indeed am loving it, but have mailed CRC about the replacement rear triangle …. still waiting to hear back … 😕

trout
    Free Member

emailed JE James about this this morning and new rear swingarm is on the way for delivery tomorrow . 😀

getonyourbike
    Free Member

At a DH race last weekend a guy I know realised that there was a crack on the known chainstay snapping point. Luckily for him this was after practise and he hed the new rear rear end with him! Timing or what?!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Trout you around JE James way? If you ever need any lights testing I’m pretty much smack in the middle of all 3.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Mega – possible rear chain stay/triangle recall for 2011 frames?’ is closed to new replies.