Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Not worth the paper (or website) it's written on….
  • big_n_daft
    Free Member

found this…

http://cannondalewarranty.blogspot.co.uk/

I’ve a feeling that

1. redacted
    2. I’m about to have the same experience with a older (but still first owner) mtb frame
    3. We are not the only ones…..

scotchegg
    Free Member

I worked for a “crack and fail” dealership around 2001. To be honest anything like this was dealt with really well.

I recall a frame having corrosion under the paint work. The rep at the time was Dave Hemming (ex marin mercedes DHer). He sorted it in under a week and I got to jump up and down on a perfect frame except for corrosion.

Good luck with your claim. You could always go through an authorised dealer and not specifically Evans……

scotchegg
    Free Member

Oops that should have been cannondale dealership hehe

brant
    Free Member

Saddle rails are made from Manganese Alloyed steel, not magnesium.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Must be a weird-looking bike with a 500mm diameter top-tube too… 😉

coatesy
    Free Member

Having dealt many times with the same guy in W&R, a lot of our encounters have ended with him being branded a complete W&R. If he’s on holiday, you’ll deal with somebody else and probably have no issues 🙂

neil853
    Free Member

NIce to see crack and fail bikes are as robust now as they’ve always been……

njee20
    Free Member

So what happened in the end? No updates for over a year…

nealglover
    Free Member

Probably got replaced.

nikk
    Free Member

I got a frame replaced a year and a half ago, seemed to go ok.

NIce to see crack and fail bikes are as robust now as they’ve always been……

Bikes break sometimes. Cannondales are no more likely to fail than any other brand of the same frame material and build type.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I worked for a “crack and fail” dealership around 2001. To be honest anything like this was dealt with really well.

apparently all changed when CSG took over, “lifetime” doesn’t mean lifetime apparently

going to the LBS to get my “report” later

it’s a shame really as the new Scalpel 29er looks good, and I thought “lifetime” meant something. I was considering buying one until this experience.

richc
    Free Member

A friend had the same issue when a chain-stay snapped on her optimo (a common fault on that model in that year) and she got told that it was not her lifetime but the lifetime of an Aluminium frame, which they determined was 2 years…….

All it meant is that she will never buy a Cannondale again, shame really as they make nice bikes.

z1ppy

sounds similar to my issue.. had a fault, contacted C’dale, sent them my receipt with “lifetime warranty” printed at the top of the reciept.. they replied that it doesn’t have a lifetime warranty (it did/does, the next years model had a reduced one). Weren’t interest in my fault, as they changed the warranty wording the year after mine was sold, to exclude my fault (how was I to prove it?).

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I have the original owners manual which details the warranty.

The receipt says “lifetime ”

If they time restrict “lifetime” I’ll be sending a complaint to the ASA

bobjones
    Free Member

It’s my blog – came to have a look here after all the referrals it got recently.

Not redacted. I just couldn’t be bothered to put myself through all that bullsh1t again, so I bought a new training bike and let the Cannondale hang on the wall as a very ugly decoration for a while. Just recently submitted it for the warranty claim (just over a week ago) so I’ll write an update when I know what the outcome is. It’s not looking THAT promising, though, as CSG asked for the frame to be shipped over to them – evidently a photo of a cracked frame is again not enough and they’re going to attempt some scientific explanation creativity that defies the laws of physics. 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

I love it that the inspection report takes the view that you’re a liar!
    Bike has been crashed, seatpost not long enough (on a toptube crack?!), customer is lying, do not replace.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I wonder, what would your inside leg measurement have to be for a 63cm cannondale with the seatpost out so far its by the minimum insertion.

Speshpaul

“what would your inside leg measurement have to be for a 63cm cannondale “
    i had this with a Pace a few years back- the marks on my seat post indicated to them that the seatpost had been run above the min insert, that worked out to a 48in inside leg IIRC.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Not worth the paper (or website) it's written on….’ is closed to new replies.